• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pearl Harbour

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shelly

Reaction score
Seeing as we have poverty TV, we tend to watch lots of movies. The other night, my husband bought a copy of this movie when he was in town. Now I've seen this movie three or four times already, but each time I react to it in the same way. Every time I watch the scenes of mass destruction and mayhem, my chest starts to ache and my heart starts to hurt. We, on ranchers, being mostly around the 30-60 age range have absolutely no idea what those men and women went through and experienced. To all those fine people and their families, I want to convey my condolences for the thousands that died, and thank the ones who survived and stuck it out through all that misery. I still get goosebumps every time I think about what it must have been like.

Shelly,
My now deceased great uncle was there. He lied about his age so he could get in the Navy, he was only 17. He told me alot about what went on but I wish I knew more. He said his ear drums were bleeding from the pounding they were taking from all of the explosions and bombs. He said it was pure panic and no one knew which direction to run, what to do, or who was in charge, everyone just did what they were trained to do. I think the movie probably did a pretty good job of the truth from what uncle Cal said. Wish that more of the guys who did that stuff would of told me more about it, most of them had it hidden away or they have now died. We are total weinies compared to those, I have so much respect for those guys and what they went through and what they accomplished. Now I have to deliver my son to the Marines tommorrow :!:

Latest posts