• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pedophiles

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Red Robin

Reaction score
Is there anything we can all agree should be illegal?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060530/od_nm/dutch_pedophiles_dc;_ylt=ApUwM5p7TMbGzMCtH8gh9YOs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

Red Robin said:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060530/od_nm/dutch_pedophiles_dc;_ylt=ApUwM5p7TMbGzMCtH8gh9YOs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

Good heavens - I knew the Dutch were liberal - but this does take the cake.

Bring those folks out to my place - I have a lot of land, several firearms and a backhoe.

Yeah, I could be considered a small "c" conservative. Libs generally do not like very much.

B.C.

A ban just makes children curious," Ad van den Berg, one of the party's founders, told the Algemeen Dagblad (AD) newspaper.

Now that there is some damned fine intelligence! :shock: :wink:

I found the last paragraph of the story hilarious. It goes" The party also said everybody should be allowed to go naked in public and promotes legalizing all soft and hard drugs and free train travel for all." Just what does free train travel for all have to do with the rest of their platform? :roll:

Although this appears unbelievable now, so would have gay marriages 50 years ago. These liberal European countries are already on the slippery slope, and their slide shows no sign of slowing down. I wouldn't be surprised if these pedophiles get their way in another half-century - I'm serious. Once people establish that all morality is subjective, there's no limit to how far that society will degenerate.

I doubt it. Or if so, it would take far more than 50 years. Even in ultra-liberal Denmark the overwhelming majority of people are horrified at the idea.
Other moral issues that have "slid" (gay marriage, inter-racial marriage, etc.) are between adults. If anything, our children are more protected than they were 50 years ago. Over-protected, is often the complaint.
I doubt if that is going to change within the next generation or two.

The fact that 18 percent of the people didn't think the govt. should do something to stop the new party, and a whopping 33 percent didn't think promoting pedophilia should be illegal already indicates how warped their society is. Just let the liberal activists chip away at social mores another few decades, and we'll see those numbers grow.

A small piece of land and a tiny house were sold a few months ago that bordered our place. Come to find out the new owner is a registered sex offender in one of the big cities in the northern part of the state. I believe the child involved was 12. The guy is a jerk anyhow but he has mentioned moving down here.
He will not last long trying to mingle with the locals.
If I ever see him looking at my daughters,
we have black bears that run these woods...they have to eat too.

didn't a Nebraska judge recently reduce a mans sentance and help him avoid jail because" he is too frail for jail" he was a convicted child molester.

Claresholom AB (pop5000) had three child molesters move into town a little over a year ago.
Word got out(posters) from a citizen who was never identified(Its illegal up here to identify sex offenders).
One sex offender mysteriously died and the other two left town quickly afterwards.
Im a big fan of John Walsh and Art Hanger, I think a national (North American)sex offender registry that includes DNA is a great place to start.

Yep. and you should see some of the grumpy letters-to-the-editor that have poured in to the Omaha World Herald...

An LEO friend of mine pointed out that prisons are full of people with need of protective custody. The pen would have taken care of the situation.

It just annoys the hell out of me these guys are protected,on the inside and the outside....let them loose,let the other prisoners and neighbors take care of them. We had a sex offender in our small town,didn't take long and he was gone...but not before he scared a few young ladies in town,but when it got out,someone beat the crap out of him,ended up in hospital!!!!

theHiredMansWife said:
Yep. and you should see some of the grumpy letters-to-the-editor that have poured in to the Omaha World Herald...

An LEO friend of mine pointed out that prisons are full of people with need of protective custody. The pen would have taken care of the situation.

Keep it up :D I do the same thing up here.

While we are all nauseated and angered at the mere mention of paedophiles, the problem is that todays innocent victims are potentially tomorrows predators. Young victims need to be identified and helped if the cycle is to be broken!

andybob said:
While we are all nauseated and angered at the mere mention of paedophiles, the problem is that todays innocent victims are potentially tomorrows predators. Young victims need to be identified and helped if the cycle is to be broken!

I personaly know four women who were molested as young girls.
I hate sex offenders because I know how much pain this causes their victims even years afterwards.
In my non pro oppinion I would say all four women would be less likely to ever be a tommorows preditor because.
#1 The 4 women dislike having haveing sex because of memories of what happened to them.
#2 Having been victims they know what it feels like to be a victim.

Red Robin said:

I have to agree with you on this one.

Hereafter: Judge Will Issue Sentences Without Commentary
June 05, 2006

When Judge Kristine Cecava handed down a sentence, she would often talk to defendants. About their crime, their punishment, how they might turn things around in life.

Those days, says the district judge from Sidney, are gone.

She has been catching hell statewide and nationally because she slapped ten years of intensively supervised probation on a guy convicted of sexually touching a then-13-year-old girl. During her explanation of the sentence, she referenced the slight, physical stature of Richard Thompson. He is 50, 5-1 and about 125 pounds.

Citing his poor mental health, and his size, she expressed concern for his ability to function in prison. His crime did not involve rape, and psychological tests and background checks indicated he was not a pedophile.

That's why the roof caved in on her.

She became known, in headlines and on talk-radio programs where she was vilified, as the softie judge who let a child molester avoid prison because he was short. The initial stories said nothing about her references to his mental condition, the strict terms of monitoring in the probation, the 30 days he would spend in jail every year – the fact that she referred to his size "made" the story.

Signatures are being gathered on a petition calling for her resignation. Locals plan to file a complaint with the Commission on Judicial Qualifications. There have been protests at the Cheyenne County courthouse.

The uproar over Thompson's probation also led to some reporting on the sentences generally given to sex offenders – and it showed that probation is not uncommon. The attorney general is appealing the sentence – ad the local prosecutor who went along with it has joined the appeal.

"One of every five people currently serving Nebraska sentences for child sexual assault is on probation - not in prison. In fact, one of every three people sentenced for sexual offenses in Nebraska is on probation," the Omaha World-Herald reported.

In a separate interview, Cecava said she would now limit her comments at sentencing to nothing more than that required in guidelines from the state Supreme Court.

The uproar over Thompson's probation also led to some reporting on the sentences generally given to sex offenders – and it showed that probation is not uncommon.

One of every five people currently serving Nebraska sentences for child sexual assault is on probation - not in prison. In fact, one of every three people sentenced for sexual offenses in Nebraska is on probation.

***This story shocked me a judge bases her sentence on how an offender will or will not be able to handle punishment...........something is so wrong with this picture. :???:

Latest posts