• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Philip Match Bronc Ride

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I wish we were...sounds like a great time! I had thought it was tomorrow (Sat.) night, until I looked closer at the ad in the Cattle Business Weekly this morning :cry: If it were tomorrow evening, I think I could talk lazy ace into going, but doubtful we can get our poop together to get there tonight.

Have fun...and I look forward to the report!

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Sorry for the wait on the results.

The contestants for round one
Zack West
OJ Heidler
Wade Yost
Jeremy Meeks
Jake Costello
Branden West
Rollie Wilson
Jesse Wilson
JJ Elshire
Ryan Elshire
Ty Kennedy
Jamie Willert
Louie Brunson
Kaden Deal
Ty Manke
Ty Thompson
Red Lemmel
DJ Martin
Marty Hebb
JT Robbins
Hugh Connely
Cole Elshire
Chancy Miller
Levi Hapney
Troy Crowser

I talked to Branden the other day and he said his hope was that round one would not be a drawing contest. On that note round one was a smash hit. Good solid horses getting raked by that caliber of riders. The horses won a few but there were a lot of rides between 65 and 79 and I don't think anyone would have questioned the judges if they added 3-5 points on every ride. A great prelude to round 2.

Contestants for round 2
JJ Elshere 79
Branden West 79
Jamie Willert 76
Chancy Miller 69
Jake Costello 76
Cole Elshere 0
Marty Hebb 70
Ty Kennedy 68
Hugh Connely 69
Ryan Elshere 0
OJ Heidler 0
Rollie Wilson 70
Round 2 got a little wild as that was all on 4 year old horses that hadn't been out in front of a crowd of screaming fans yet. That is partly why Korkow and Burch like this event is to put their young string out under top notch cowboys that give them a good go and let them know that they have to buck and not just throw a fit to get someone on the ground. An example was Rollie Wilson(the 70 was on a reride) he rode his first horse to the ground and back up twice. That horse learned that going down just hurts you and doesn't accomplish getting a good cowboy off.

Round 3
Cowboy Horse

Rollie Wilson Mullen Hill
Marty Hebb Lunatic Fringe
Branden West Crazy Train
Jake Costello Raylene
Jamie Willert Queenie
JJ Elshere Vidalia

Now that I have the suspense up does anyone want to guess who won? I was thinking of you NR.

Most people around me thought JJ would win and he was second out. He scored an 85 on just a real pretty ride, but I thought that it wasn't electric enough to win that event. After Jamie only got a 77 on a real poor trip by Queenie Iwas wondering. Down to Marty Hebb as the last guy who could win and win he did with a great ride on Lunatic Fringe(that horse is named right) The only bad thing is he only got an 86 to only win by one but that was a fabulous ride to finish off the night.

I would of probably picked Mullen Hill as the horse to draw but I'm sure they all bucked-I wonder if Lunatic Fringe is A luney Tunes colt-that stud came from up north here. I can watch good broncs all day long that's for sure-I'm working on a deal for up here that everybody might have to make a road trip to see. Our bulls bucked pretty good this weekend from what I hear.

I don't know about the parentage but it was a Burch horse. They advertised as all NFR horses in the final round. I would have picked Queenie just because she went for 90 the year before, but she had an awful trip.

Alot of horses that pack American brands were bred up here-Ty's lucky to have some pretty rank horses to get on not too far from home. Can't wait to see how things go the end of the month when he starts riding on his pro permit-I guess you'll never know if you can ride them if you don't get on them.

Latest posts