• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Photos from late March 2012

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
16,257
Reaction score
41
Location
northern Nebraska Sandhills
Yearlingheifersattheirwinterquarters800x600.jpg

Yearling heifers at their wintering quarters
Thegentlemanwhoisfeedingtheheifers800x600.jpg

The gentleman who is taking care of these heifers this winter
Asoapweedwearingovershoes800x600.jpg

A soapweed in a field
Someofthefuturecows800x600.jpg

Some of the future cows
Sortingoutasellingcow800x600.jpg

Sorting out a selling cow
Oldwagonsatanauction800x600.jpg

Old wagons at an auction
Thisgivesitcredibility800x600.jpg

This gives it credibility.
Otherwagons800x600.jpg

Other wagons
Lotsofpeopleinattendance800x600.jpg

Lots of people in attendance
Sellingthewagons800x600.jpg

Selling the wagons
Goodstoriesbeingtold800x600.jpg

Good stories being told
BuckTroxell800x600.jpg

Buck Troxell. His parents and my grandparents were good friends back in the 1920's.

Lazy WP and LW Leather went with me to the auction. We had a good time. Their side of the story and more pictures can be viewed at

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57483

Cutelittlegranddaughter600x800.jpg

Cute little granddaughter
Youngster800x600.jpg

Cute little grandson
Moreyoungsters800x600.jpg

More youngsters
Baldybabyboy800x600.jpg

Baldy baby bovine boy
Mysisterhavingaharrowingexperience800x600.jpg

My sister having a harrowing experience
TheHerefordbullsatwinterquarters800x600.jpg

The Hereford bulls at winter quarters
WhatitlookedlikewhenIfelldown800x600.jpg

What it looked like the day I fell down :roll:
Whatareyoudoingdownthere800x600.jpg

What are you doing down there? :???:
 

leanin' H

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
6,051
Reaction score
372
Location
Western Utah Desert
Soap, we have all been secretly sending PM's back and forth as we are pretty worried about ya! :shock: I was elected group spokesman to try to gently breach the subject, so here goes........ We wonder if it's time to get you one of those "life alert" outfits that allow you to get ahold of help if you fall again? That way peach could come find ya if you slip while feeding cows again or even if ya just fall asleep! We all know you hardly do much but take pictures and visit, but maybe you could get a combo "help-me-i've-fallen button/ shock collar so peach could juice ya if she needs help. :lol: :lol: Kidding of course. :D Mrs. H got me a shock collar for Christmas but she wore out the battery on day 1. Cows look good and so do the kids! :D
 

Soapweed

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
16,257
Reaction score
41
Location
northern Nebraska Sandhills
3words said:
Like usual Soapweed,your pictures are always interesting.Thanks for sharing :D .

Thanks, 3words. It's fun taking pictures, and it also gets me out of a little work. :wink:

leanin' H said:
Soap, we have all been secretly sending PM's back and forth as we are pretty worried about ya! :shock: I was elected group spokesman to try to gently breach the subject, so here goes........ We wonder if it's time to get you one of those "life alert" outfits that allow you to get ahold of help if you fall again? That way peach could come find ya if you slip while feeding cows again or even if ya just fall asleep! We all know you hardly do much but take pictures and visit, but maybe you could get a combo "help-me-i've-fallen button/ shock collar so peach could juice ya if she needs help. :lol: :lol: Kidding of course. :D Mrs. H got me a shock collar for Christmas but she wore out the battery on day 1. Cows look good and so do the kids! :D

Leanin' H, you are lucky that Mrs. H uses the gentle approach of a humane shock collar to keep you in line. Peach just grabs me by an ear and twists real hard. :cry: No, ................that is what she should do, but she is always much more kind and nice to me than she has any reason to be. :)
 

gcreekrch

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
11,358
Reaction score
28
Location
west chilcotin bc
Another year.... things keep clickin' along don't they Soap?

Two years there may be more little faces to photograph. :wink:

Thanks again for the update.
 

JF Ranch

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
Location
North Fringe of the Nebraska Sandhills
I am struck by the unmistakeable feminine qualities of Soapy's little granddaughter and the equally obvious masculine nature of his grandson! Those two photos next to each other are a wonderful contrast.
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,121
Reaction score
204
Location
Big Muddy valley
JF Ranch said:
I am struck by the unmistakeable feminine qualities of Soapy's little granddaughter and the equally obvious masculine nature of his grandson! Those two photos next to each other are a wonderful contrast.


It's just the Polka dots and the Sheriff's badge. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

Faster horses

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
28,944
Reaction score
171
Location
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
JF Ranch said:
I am struck by the unmistakeable feminine qualities of Soapy's little granddaughter and the equally obvious masculine nature of his grandson! Those two photos next to each other are a wonderful contrast.

I thought the very same thing, but you beat me posting about it. :D

All the 'KIDDO'S" seem to be doing well at the Spearhead.

Funny that you took pictures of the cows when you were 'down.'
I had a similar experience years ago, but no camera. I was checking
cows when I got bucked off and injured my hip bad enough
that I couldn't get up to walk home. I was close enough to the house that
I thought someone might hear me so I yelled hard and sent the
dog to the house...the cows heard me and here they came, some
at a gallop. :shock: They formed a half circle around me and I
certainly was the center of attention. It was kinda scary for a bit,
but all they had on their mind was curiousity, I guess. Lucky
for me, anyway.
 

Soapweed

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
16,257
Reaction score
41
Location
northern Nebraska Sandhills
Faster horses said:
JF Ranch said:
I am struck by the unmistakeable feminine qualities of Soapy's little granddaughter and the equally obvious masculine nature of his grandson! Those two photos next to each other are a wonderful contrast.

I thought the very same thing, but you beat me posting about it. :D

All the 'KIDDO'S" seem to be doing well at the Spearhead.

Funny that you took pictures of the cows when you were 'down.'
I had a similar experience years ago, but no camera. I was checking
cows when I got bucked off and injured my hip bad enough
that I couldn't get up to walk home. I was close enough to the house that
I thought someone might hear me so I yelled hard and sent the
dog to the house...the cows heard me and here they came, some
at a gallop. :shock: They formed a half circle around me and I
certainly was the center of attention. It was kinda scary for a bit,
but all they had on their mind was curiousity, I guess. Lucky
for me, anyway.

When I took the original nose-dive, I didn't stay on the ground long enough to think about taking a picture. The photos came from a later re-enactment. :wink:
 

Faster horses

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
28,944
Reaction score
171
Location
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
When I took the original nose-dive, I didn't stay on the ground long enough to think about taking a picture. The photos came from a later re-enactment.





:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
That's funny, I don't care who ya are. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

JF Ranch

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
Location
North Fringe of the Nebraska Sandhills
Big Muddy rancher said:
JF Ranch said:
I am struck by the unmistakeable feminine qualities of Soapy's little granddaughter and the equally obvious masculine nature of his grandson! Those two photos next to each other are a wonderful contrast.


It's just the Polka dots and the Sheriff's badge. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah the polka dots... but I thought you were going to say something about the baby girl learning how to cook at such an early age. :wink:
 

Red Barn Angus

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 7, 2005
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Location
Eastern KS
The pictures were great as usual Soap. I'd be real interested in how some of those old wagons sold. I've never seen so many in one place before. I have an old box wagon that my dad and I used to shuck corn in when I was real young...over 60 years ago! I've had it completely restored because I didn't want to see it just go to waste but I have no real use for it, just an old family heirloom.
 

Faster horses

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
28,944
Reaction score
171
Location
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Red Barn Angus said:
The pictures were great as usual Soap. I'd be real interested in how some of those old wagons sold. I've never seen so many in one place before. I have an old box wagon that my dad and I used to shuck corn in when I was real young...over 60 years ago! I've had it completely restored because I didn't want to see it just go to waste but I have no real use for it, just an old family heirloom.

Hey, Red Barn, lets see a picture of your restored wagon. :D

Those old wagons are so neat. I forgot to mention in my above post:
I want one! :D
 

mustang

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
628
Reaction score
19
Location
Utah
Faster horses said:
Red Barn Angus said:
The pictures were great as usual Soap. I'd be real interested in how some of those old wagons sold. I've never seen so many in one place before. I have an old box wagon that my dad and I used to shuck corn in when I was real young...over 60 years ago! I've had it completely restored because I didn't want to see it just go to waste but I have no real use for it, just an old family heirloom.

Hey, Red Barn, lets see a picture of your restored wagon. :D

Those old wagons are so neat. I forgot to mention in my above post:
I want one! :D

I liked your pictures Soap,, especially the wagons. I think I'll start a new post of some wagons and see if Red Barn will take the bait...
 

Latest posts

Top