• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Photos from Southern BC

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PureCountry

Reaction score
Hi All, been pretty busy but decided to upload some pictures tonight. We've had great rains and haven't had to irrigate much to get our first cut this year. Our Galloways have adapted quite well from Alberta to BC forage. They're fat as ticks, calves are growing well and bulls will be going out soon to calve next year in this earlier spring we're adapting to. Hope you enjoy.

Cheers,
PC.
13yr old cow with a fall born heifer calf that is a real knockout

First calver doing a great job

Fat 4yr old with a big strapping bull calf

9yr old doing a great job

Lots of forage, lots of work. First cut for winter feed, second just might end up harvested by the 4 legged mowers.

By the time we watered things were growing so fast in the heat that the wheels disappeared quickly.

Little helpers do big jobs. She played out quick but gave it her all while it lasted.

Grass is greener on the other side of the hotwire

Nice deep 5yr old, 76W

Fearless Non-Cow Dog staring down a calf

76W again. Teats got bigger than usual on this BC grass. Interesting how the forage changes things like that.

Another hotwire move

I really like your new ranch, PureCountry. We stayed not too far from there back in 1999, with Art and Elva Mintz at West Bridge. That looks like a good area in which to live.

Ranchers doesn't let us reply lately, I tried yesterday. Pictures are great and I like the shaggy little guys :D Hayfield looks awesome! Any neighboring ranches for sale?

Nicky said:
Ranchers doesn't let us reply lately, I tried yesterday.

Yeah- I've been having problems with it too...It won't let you preview your post about 1/2 the time....

PureCountry said:
Everyone too busy to even tease me about the shaggy hair? :lol:

Always seem to at least get the ribbing about that. :lol: :lol:

I like your shaggy cows... And yours look good...I always did like Galloways- a very efficient breed for the north country.... And if the buyers down here didn't dock you so bad for the hair- I might be raising them instead of angus...

Soapweed said:
I really like your new ranch, PureCountry. We stayed not too far from there back in 1999, with Art and Elva Mintz at West Bridge. That looks like a good area in which to live.

I have heard the name but haven't met them yet Soap. Westbridge is only 4 miles up the road North of us.

Nicky said:
Ranchers doesn't let us reply lately, I tried yesterday. Pictures are great and I like the shaggy little guys :D Hayfield looks awesome! Any neighboring ranches for sale?

Lots for sale in this area actually Nicky. Not too many big ranches but lots between 200-1000 acres. But here you can get summer range permits, and 200 acres will grow you all the winter feed you need for 200 cows, under irrigation of course. Lots of variation in real estate though, some high country that's more like you're area, then there's the valley bottoms and lots in between. Pricey, but productive.

Oldtimer said:
PureCountry said:
Everyone too busy to even tease me about the shaggy hair? :lol:

Always seem to at least get the ribbing about that. :lol: :lol:

I like your shaggy cows... And yours look good...I always did like Galloways- a very efficient breed for the north country.... And if the buyers down here didn't dock you so bad for the hair- I might be raising them instead of angus...

I figured there must have been something up. Ya the shag works good for winters, certainly is a weakness in the feedlot, always has been. The crosses work fine in confinement of course. They fatten real easy on grass so work well for the grass finished beef.

Latest posts