• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Photos of our ancestors, old farmsteads, old barns, old cowboys, old dogs, old horses. I love all these, so photos please!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
From 1972, Bronc Riding School, Buffalo, WY. It wasn't a Roping School, I titled it wrong when I found the photo
in some old pictures. These were BRONC RIDERS.

Attachments

• Bill Wagoner roping school 1972.jpg
    Bill Wagoner roping school 1972.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 38
Too bad there isn't a list of names. I might have known some of them. But it has been too long ago to remember faces.
This is me on Ralph McLean's Boomerang Barney, fourth of July weekend 1974. Lost my house to a fire in 1984. Lost the vast majority of pictures that day.

Attachments

• P6290141.JPG
    P6290141.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 34
The branding I was at today is what the family refers to as the homestead. It is at the location of the family homestead. They got there via the Oregon Trail in a covered wagon. This place was a stop over on the Oregon Trail. The original family there built a black smith shop to service the travelers. There is the remains of a couple of the old buildings. I was going to take pictures before I left, and I forgot. I did take a picture of the old hay derrick. Then on the way home I snapped a picture of the old Plano school. The 92 year old matriarch of this family went to grade school in this building.

Attachments

• P4122472.JPG
    P4122472.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 29
  • P4122473.JPG
    P4122473.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts