• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pickett case goes down in flames

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Agman: "Do you pay a higher price then you have to, yes or no?"

Yes I do...particularly for the food I feed my family. I also try to support local and USA businesses when I can...and should do more than I do. Why should I expect someone to pay more for my product if I'm not willing to do the same? The problem I have with corporate America is their seemingly lack of loyalty to the country that has made their success possible. I grew up in a small rural town and now ride through ghost towns because thin margin corporations selling imported products have made it impossible for local businessmen to earn a poverty level living. I realize life changes and we have to adapt if we want to survive, but I believe a line has to be drawn somewhere...and I'm going to be on the side of that line with small USA business. I guess that's why I don't mind being called a protectionist...so be it. {Macon, where's my USA flag emoticon????}

RobertMac said:

Yes I do...particularly for the food I feed my family. I also try to support local and USA businesses when I can...and should do more than I do. Why should I expect someone to pay more for my product if I'm not willing to do the same? The problem I have with corporate America is their seemingly lack of loyalty to the country that has made their success possible. I grew up in a small rural town and now ride through ghost towns because thin margin corporations selling imported products have made it impossible for local businessmen to earn a poverty level living. I realize life changes and we have to adapt if we want to survive, but I believe a line has to be drawn somewhere...and I'm going to be on the side of that line with small USA business. I guess that's why I don't mind being called a protectionist...so be it. {Macon, where's my USA flag emoticon????}

AMEN- RobertMac--and I don't believe we're alone- more and more people are realizing the importance of supporting the local and domestic producer........

Oldtimer said:
RobertMac said:

AMEN- RobertMac--and I don't believe we're alone- more and more people are realizing the importance of supporting the local and domestic producer........

Do you pay more for cattle then you have to? RM. the demise of rural America was ongoing long before you could blame corporate America. When you can show me that protectionism has EVER led to an increased standard of living I will join your side.

Latest posts