• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Picking cotton here boss lots of pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

alabama

Reaction score
I have been helping with the cotton harvest so here are some pictures of how it goes.

Picking_cotton_2008_021_Large_.jpg

Picking_cotton_2008_003_Large_.jpg
002_Large_.jpg[/img]

Picking_cotton_2008_001_Large_.jpg

Picking_cotton_2008_007_Large_.jpg

Picking_cotton_2008_024_Large_.jpg

Picking_cotton_2008_010_Large_.jpg

Picking_cotton_2008_009_Large_.jpg

Picking_cotton_2008_012_Large_.jpg

Picking_cotton_2008_013_Large_.jpg

Picking_cotton_2008_025_Large_.jpg

Picking_cotton_2008_026_Large_.jpg

Picking_cotton_2008_015_Large_.jpg

Picking_cotton_2008_016_Large_.jpg

Picking_cotton_2008_017_Large_.jpg

Picking_cotton_2008_018_Large_.jpg

Makes me sneeze just looking at it!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How's the crop this yr due to the drought?

It is not very dusty except for the dirt roads.
They tell me but the crop is good this year with two plus bales to the acre. A bale is about 540 pounds (I think) of finished ginned cotton.
We are picking about 7 modules a day and a module will gin out about 17 to 19 bales.
We start at 6:30 AM getting equipment serviced. The cotton is ready (dry) about 10:00 AM. Then we pick and or work on equipment until after dark.

My father designed the automatic module feeder at the gin. You need to get a pic of a finished module.

Doing a good job of first picking...are there many un-open bolls? My second job on a farm was picking cotton...by hand...first was chopping cotton!!!

Radar says y'all just got shut down.

Thank you for the interesting pictures Alabama, I was interested in the cotton combines while in NC.
RobertMac said:
Doing a good job of first picking...are there many un-open bolls? My second job on a farm was picking cotton...by hand...first was chopping cotton!!!

We had the long staple cotton RobertMac, all hand picked mostly by migrant workers, we earned our 'pocket money' during school holidays by helping pick, really hot work!

RobertMac said:
My father designed the automatic module feeder at the gin. You need to get a pic of a finished module.

Radar says y'all just got shut down.

Yep Rained out today and I bet too wet tomorrow. But after 15 days in a row working day light to way past dark they are ready for a rest.
They sprayed with a boll opener several weeks ago but still alot but it looked good to me. I counted over 50 open bolls on one plant.
I will try to get some pictures of some finshed modules. They have a lot full at the gin.

At first glance, it looked like you had just experienced a hail storm. :wink: Glad that everything was as it should be, and that the cotton crop is good. Thanks for the tour.

Really cool pictures! Thank you for showing all of us throughout everywhere how different yet the same we all are! Farmers farm and ranchers ranch! Now that was profound! Anyway, that was neat to see my next pair of wranglers before they were built!

leanin' H said:
Really cool pictures! Thank you for showing all of us throughout everywhere how different yet the same we all are! Farmers farm and ranchers ranch! Now that was profound! Anyway, that was neat to see my next pair of wranglers before they were built!

I wonder where the hunters ride on those machines. :???: :lol: :roll:

gcreekrch said:
leanin' H said:

They wear "snow-flauge" and just pop up out of the cotton and start shootin! Use your imagination smart-alec! You Canadians can't shoot good unless somebody holds a spot light! :lol: :lol: :lol:

leanin' H said:
gcreekrch said:
leanin' H said:

They wear "snow-flauge" and just pop up out of the cotton and start shootin! Use your imagination smart-alec! You Canadians can't shoot good unless somebody holds a spot light! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If those were female hunters would we be so bold as to call them "pop-tarts"? :D

You really need help. And so do i now that my monitor has snot and water blasted all over it!!!!!! I almost lost it laughing at you! Pop-Tarts! Don't you need to herd some cows or chop a little wood or poach a uni-corn? :D :D
Thanks for make'n my day!

Latest posts