• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

pics from a mini ranch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

R A, you really should do a childrens book of farm animals. Seriously, those are pictures kids would fall in love with! (Me too!) You really have an 'eye' for color and subject matter.

That picture of milk on the rabbits face is most definitely an AWWWWWW picture!

Faster horses said:
R A, you really should do a childrens book of farm animals. Seriously, those are pictures kids would fall in love with! (Me too!) You really have an 'eye' for color and subject matter.

That picture of milk on the rabbits face is most definitely an AWWWWWW picture!

:agree: what she said.

Give it some thought, RA, you have what it takes - an eye for the right shot, the ability to tell a captivating story about it and the experience to back it up.

Looks to me like you could do a sideline business as a tourist attraction / petting zoo type of thing. Folks would get to see some amazingly cared for animals in a ranch setting. It would be great for city people to see how you do things.
Thanks for the pictures, awesome as usual!

What do you do in your spare time? :D

Do you eat all you produce with small livestock or have you built up a customer base for extras?

Another great set of pics! Your place is a cross between an old fashioned farm and a zoo, all kinds of critters.

Is the bunny production for meat? Cousins of ours raised rabbits for a time, we traded with them for rabbit meat. It was excellent, especially the ones she canned.

Your cattle look good. All your animals look like they are thriving. Keep up the good work!

Did you ever read "Walk Across America" and / or book 2, " The Walk West" ? A lot of your pictures remind me of the photography by the author. You got tha NatGeo eye. Good pics, nice operation.

:D :D :D

Thanks everybody! Thanks for looking and thanks for commenting! I appreciate it!

I love animals! I'm not sure if I have ever shared that with you all on here before... :D :D :D I'm working on getting more species! I just missed out on a free mini donkey the other day... :D

I do have a few things kinda started going with my pictures, but I have to be careful that nothing takes away from taking care of my animals I have and building my place! So it's just going to be a slow as a slug process if it goes any where at all. I just like taking pictures for the heck of it really.

gcreekrch - My spare time and work are all one of the same... :D I haven't sold a single small critter yet. I have been eating up everything....which has just been turkeys and chickens thus far. Ducks and rabbits will be on the plate here real soon.

I'm not even looking into selling meat right now and all that goes with it, but may start selling live animals here and there next year. Mainly, I am just concentrated on learning all I can on caring for everything, building breeding programs, learning how to butcher, filling the freezer and learning to be a better cook.

MO_cows - I am raising rabbits for meat and pets. I have some that will be good for just pets and some for both. My meat rabbits are Californians and that's what I will have a lot of. I really like them! I'm keeping the biggest best does from my first couple litters and getting another buck, building bigger and more pens and building up. I think the rabbit meat will go great in between all the mass quanities of beef, pork, chicken and turkey I will be eating.... :D Plus, these rabbits are just fun to have and learn about! I have a pen in the yard that I let them run around in and we have a good time!.... :D

DustDevel - No, I haven't read that book yet. It looks real interesting though! Where he went looking for himself out about the country, I found myself not long ago behind my house.... :D :D So I can relate a need to search for something! I can't imagine what all he seen!

Thanks!... :D Trying to work off all the maternity weight I gained and take care of all these babes at the same time isn't going well.... :D :D

Thanks, RSL! I appreciate it! I read the article and the related ones mentioned. Yeah, I'm strugglin' trying to make a go at it! ...and lovin' every minute of it! I've been noticing things. I wish I was better at wording things on serious topics like this.

Latest posts