• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures around here this winter.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

coyote

Reaction score
IMG_1241_zps27bb3ca7.jpg

IMG_1286_zps889c8e41.jpg

The snow is getting a bit too crusty for the cows to get enough water, so we have been cutting holes in the dam for water. Might need to get an extension on the auger, only have 6 inches left.
133-Copy_zps59844189.jpg

Some Shorthorn X Red Angus heifers.
165_zpsd34075ae.jpg

Got one sale bull kind of "prettied" up.
IMG_1290_zps4c89b348.jpg

That is the neatest thing ever! Ice fishing cows! How long did it take to select for that trait? And what are they using for bait? :lol:

On a serious note, I like those heifers! :D And that bull looks great too. Thanks!

leanin' H said:
That is the neatest thing ever! Ice fishing cows! How long did it take to select for that trait? And what are they using for bait? :lol:

On a serious note, I like those heifers! :D And that bull looks great too. Thanks!

Thats what i was thinking to,must be a nice guy he even takes his cows ice fishing! :D

I can feel that prairie breeze without being there Coyote. :shock:

Thanks for the photos, cattle are sure doing good in spite of the winter you've had.

That's a very nice set of heifers, and a good looking bull. Temperature acclimated I assume...

Great pics coyote,Sure have lots open spaces and great looking cows. What is the breeding of the bull? in the market for something this spring lost my Jackaroo bull this winter. Do you water on dugouts much, around here we have fenced them off mostly, have lost just too many when the ice is not that thick in the fall. The cows just stand on dugouts to get out of wind and down they go next door neighbour lost 10 last year.

Tamarack, he is sired by EIONMOR HIGHLANDER 84W X- out of a SASKVALLEY BONANZA 219M cow.

Sometimes we will put an electric fence around a water source to prevent them from going down in the fall.

Latest posts