• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

pictures from the last couple days

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hayguy said:
gcreekrch said:
Faster horses said:
Too bad about the baler, but you have an excellent attitude.

Broken down equipment has a way of changing that. :wink: :lol:

not to mention the lost$ in time, lost quality of the hay, $ in parts, sometimes it's hard to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. an old boy i knew alway's said it's cheaper to rent it than own it, true in lot's of cases when you factor in everything :wink:

when you get all done, I want you too figure out ALL of your baling expense's, parts, fuel, twine,etc. and some labor and then divide that by the number of bales you actually made. I'm betting that you could have hired it done for less :wink: Hope I'm wrong, for your sake

hayguy said:
on a positive note you are learning way more about baler's than you ever would have if you had gotten one that worked perfectly :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would of been cheaper to of had it hired out and had it big baled if I figure in the cost of purchasing the equipment with all the rest of the expenses this year. I'm glad this is happening though. You're right, I am learning a lot about balers and I'm setting things up for the future.

LazyWP said:
Tell me about all those dogs in the trailer. I am starting to look for another one.

Those are my heelers. I put them in there and hauled them out to the hay field to play while I tried out putting loose hay in the trailer. I raised a few litters out of my male(the one with the tail) and the red female. My male throws too much leg in his pups IMO, so I quit raising them. I like a short stocky heeler. Some of his pup were really tall, even out of that little female. Two of the females in there are out of that cross and one is from a pick of the litter I got from breeding a guys female. I love heelers and will always have a heeler!!! Out of the heelers I have had and been around, my favorites have been blue females by far.....so far.

I question whether that little red female is a true heeler, but the owners swore she was....out of old foundation queen heeler stuff...currly back hair and real small. ....but she can work a brush pile like no heeler I've ever seen though :D She got bred by the nieghbors beagle a couple years ago and had the cuttest little pups. Heeler markings, beagle bodies and ears that about drug the ground.

We have Heeler/ Border Collie crosses. The male looks like a Border Collie. Supposed to be half, and he will heel, but would rather bark and head. The female is a 3/4 Red Heeler/Border Collie. It all depends what we are doing as to which dog is the better one. For long distances I like my male. He is probably close to a foot taller then the red one, and I can send him as far as he can see me.
If I had my choice, I would jump all over another BC/Heeler cross. And I do like lots of leg. :oops:

R A said:
Faster horses said:
Too bad about the cow, RA. I hate it when that happens. She must
have absorbed the calf somehow during the winter. Well, she'll give
you come cash flow. What did she weigh and what did she bring, if
you don't mind telling.

That mule is really shiney along with your horses.

Like the team ropers say, "NEVER GIVE UP." :wink: :D

Thanks for the picture story. Oh, and GOOD LUCK with the baler.

Thanks, Faster horses! That cow was suppose to be 6 1/2 months along when I pregged her??? So I don't know what happened. I watch them like a hawk??? She preg'd open at the sale barn??? She weighed 1400 and brought $.76 a pound. Slaughter cows brought 74.50 to 85.00 that day. Bred cows brought 1100-1475.

gcreekrch said:
Faster horses said:

I can stomach the baler breaking down a lot better than being a few miles down the road and find out a fast food place gave me "DIET" pop instead of what I ordered. :D :D :D :D :D :D

That was a good ticket on the ole' girl. And cows can and do absorb
calves. I have no idea why it happens, but it can.

I'm with you. I cannot ABIDE diet pop. Gag--- :p

LazyWP said:
We have Heeler/ Border Collie crosses. The male looks like a Border Collie. Supposed to be half, and he will heel, but would rather bark and head. The female is a 3/4 Red Heeler/Border Collie. It all depends what we are doing as to which dog is the better one. For long distances I like my male. He is probably close to a foot taller then the red one, and I can send him as far as he can see me.
If I had my choice, I would jump all over another BC/Heeler cross. And I do like lots of leg. :oops:

Nothing wrong with liking a dog with some leg! :D ....I can see where it would come in real handy....covering country and being able to see them better like you say. Sounds like you have a couple of good ones.

Faster horses said:
R A said:
Faster horses said:
Too bad about the cow, RA. I hate it when that happens. She must
have absorbed the calf somehow during the winter. Well, she'll give
you come cash flow. What did she weigh and what did she bring, if
you don't mind telling.

That mule is really shiney along with your horses.

Like the team ropers say, "NEVER GIVE UP." :wink: :D

Thanks for the picture story. Oh, and GOOD LUCK with the baler.

Thanks, Faster horses! That cow was suppose to be 6 1/2 months along when I pregged her??? So I don't know what happened. I watch them like a hawk??? She preg'd open at the sale barn??? She weighed 1400 and brought $.76 a pound. Slaughter cows brought 74.50 to 85.00 that day. Bred cows brought 1100-1475.

gcreekrch said:

I can stomach the baler breaking down a lot better than being a few miles down the road and find out a fast food place gave me "DIET" pop instead of what I ordered. :D :D :D :D :D :D

That was a good ticket on the ole' girl. And cows can and do absorb
calves. I have no idea why it happens, but it can.

I'm with you. I cannot ABIDE diet pop. Gag--- :p

Yeah, I needed the money :D I know she didn't absorb it because she herself was starving :D .....she got skinny raising her first calf, then got pretty fleshy and stayed fleshy having not calved last year. I should of sold her then, but oh well.

Latest posts