• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

pictures from the past week

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cure

Reaction score
we had a lot going on this past week so I took some pictures to share with you guys. Hope you all enjoy.

20110812190038.jpg

20110812191545.jpg

This field was hauled by cummins power
20110812191609.jpg

Had some critters escape so I sent the kid after them while I got the gate.
20110819120029.jpg

We went on a little vacation over the weekend out to Antelope Island which is out in the Great Salt Lake
20110820183543.jpg

Wife and the kid
20110820182446.jpg

posted this picture to see if any of you old timers know what it is :lol: ? I think it is a press but not sure
20110820183141.jpg

Only a state park would have a sign like this on the corral. It will be a cold day in hell before you will see a sign like this on my place :roll:
20110820190003.jpg

Wife and the kid at Thanksgiving Point
IMG_1834.jpg

Some smart a$$ thinking he is funny
IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

Just got to love stupid! I dont even think 4 dig is going to help them :lol:
IMG_1837.jpg

20110821094631.jpg

Hiking up to Timpanogas cave
please try and keep up
20110821094046.jpg

are we having fun yet

20110821104555.jpg

in side the cave

Great pictures but a few unanswered questions. Like.......Where did a shark come from in such desert surroundings? and.....How did that pickup come to be atop the divider wall?

Looks like you all had fun. Thanks for posting the photos.

Did the Vet see the sign across the parking lot and head straight for it? :lol: Some tall grass and a big rock and that feat could be reproduced on the ranch. :?

Thanks for the tour.

that's a post drill. they have a cam and a little ratchet devise to keep turning it down and putting pressure on the bit. You could raise the ratchet and screw it down by hand also. Really easier to drill holes in metal with them then with the hand held electric drill. Blacksmith shops had them during the 1930's, would run them with a line shaft, also ran the trip hammer and the grinding wheels from this shaft. Many farms had a post drill and a post vise. The post drill used blacksmith chuck bits, they had 1/2 shanks that were flat on one side, you tightened a set screw into this flat to hold then in place. A neighbor had a vise that incorporated a drill into it too. you turned the drill with a crank and tightened the vise to put pressure on it.

Soapweed said:
Great pictures but a few unanswered questions. Like.......Where did a shark come from in such desert surroundings? and.....How did that pickup come to be atop the divider wall?

Looks like you all had fun. Thanks for posting the photos.

To answer your questions soapweed first the shark I don't really know why it is in there because we were at a dino exhabit I never really thought about it till you asked the question. The truck was driven by a woman that had pulled up to curb with her front tires and then tried to back up about can't tel the difference between r and d so when the truck didn't go she gave it gas and there is the result. We pulled into the parking lot just as the truck came to a stop. The look on her face was priceless though I did feel sorry for her.

We have an old post drill like that, which I rigged up to an electric motor many years ago. It doesn't get much use anymore but it runs slower and is actually preferable to our newer drill press for certain jobs. It has a coffee can of bits just like Clarencen described.

Latest posts