• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

pictures from this winter and spring

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PATB

Reaction score
cows being fed on the land conversion project
DSCN0212.jpg

DSCN0213.jpg

DSCN0214.jpg

yearling herd bull
DSCN0217.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

yearling heifers on manure storage and heavy use area. The warm weather unthawed the mess several days latter so I could clean it.
DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0240.jpg

DSCN0227.jpg

heifers and yearling bull
DSCN0225.jpg

land conversion project
DSCN0229.jpg

DSCN0237.jpg

DSCN0236.jpg

DSCN0207.jpg

Previous land conversion area that needs more work but will feed 50 pairs for 1 day.
DSCN0242.jpg

DSCN0243.jpg

DSCN0244.jpg

I am always amazed at the diversity of all our operations! :shock: Man, ya'll have more trees on an acre than we do in a section. It must be a lot of work to clear it out for pastures. Do you get much grazing among the timber or is it pretty sparce? Cows look in fine flesh. Hope all is well way out east! :D

leanin' H said:
I am always amazed at the diversity of all our operations! :shock: Man, ya'll have more trees on an acre than we do in a section. It must be a lot of work to clear it out for pastures. Do you get much grazing among the timber or is it pretty sparce? Cows look in fine flesh. Hope all is well way out east! :D

It was quite profitable to get the logger in to cut it off. The 1st year after cutting usually does not produce much forage but if you get seed and hen manure on it gets better quick. After 4 or 5 years you can run 70 pairs in 3 or 5 acres for 1 day and rotate thru 3 or 5 times in a year. The stumps will rot out if the cows keep the regrowth ate off.

The land conversion project will give me an sacrifice area to feed livestock when not on pasture. The cows will spread their own manure, the hoof action and waste hay will speed forage growth greatly. :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
That must be quite the sport putting out bales among those stumps and rocks. :? :)

It can be challenging when the ground is muddy. The results are worth it in how much faster the grass establishes and produces.

Latest posts