• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
I guess everyone posting pictures got me to too. These aren't real recent but I'm getting back into the swing of things.

Ducks on the pond
0037-3.jpg

2nd cutting alfalfa pictures
0035-2.jpg

0030-5.jpg

0029-5.jpg

0025-6.jpg

0019-13.jpg

Remember I told you all about the voles killing out the alfalfa? We planted peas/oats/barley in those patches and cut it with the 2nd crop.
0014-19.jpg

A combo bale
0021-12.jpg

Lots of coyotes this year
0023-6.jpg

Made our bales almost a foot bigger this year...5 X 6
0018-14.jpg

0028-4.jpg

The Oregon/Washington/Idaho Hereford Assn had a tour in Baker county in august. Sat afternoon we got to go on a jet boat ride in Hell's Canyon. I'd never been and it was FUN!
0010-22.jpg

0009-22.jpg

Makes our place look flat and not rocky :?
0011-23.jpg

Saw a bear on the Oregon side
0006-22.jpg

Well darn, the cow pictures don't seem to be on photobucket. So they will come later. I took some today so I will just post the new ones.

Thanks Kris, you too! We drove thru Ennis on our way home from Mt. What a pretty valley. Saw your hospital, and told Mike that is where you work. Wish we'd have had more time.

That country sure produces when a little water is applied!

Looking good Nicky. :D

I like the bales as heavy as we can get this meadow feed to bale. The limit seems to range between 1400 and 1600 lbs. Less pieces to handle is the main reason. Hay is still measured by the ton when it goes to the cows.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Great looking hay. :D

Those bales 6 ft high pack a lot of hay but in this country they are too heavy to carry two while loading and feeding. :?

get a bigger loader :lol: :lol:

this coming from a guy who tries very hard NOT to make round bales period :wink: :lol:

Nicky said:
Thanks Kris, you too! We drove thru Ennis on our way home from Mt. What a pretty valley. Saw your hospital, and told Mike that is where you work. Wish we'd have had more time.

next time, my friend......give me a call and we can swap stories over a glass of sweet tea!!! :D

Yeah, we won't be carrying two of these bales. First cutting weighed 1440, haven't weighed the 2nd yet. Less trips to get it off and will be less to feed it. Also less room to stack it.

Jody, we'd make you a deal on the swather! lets hope there are no pictures of it next summer!

i would have liked to go on that hereford tour, but your picture tour was nice. so where did that tour all stop and is there a different tour in idaho this fall.

Thanks for the pictures, Nicky. Your second cutting looks awesome.
We don't get second cutting here--well, a few do, but on our place,
nope!

How are you liking the baler? The bales you showed us
look really nice.

Interesting that you interseeded your alfalfa. I'll have to make
sure Mr. FH sees that. :D

I guess I'm just lazy but I feel the bigger the better as I don't have to move as many.

But then my smallest loader thinks 6 tons is nothing

840LeftFront.jpg

The 980 Cats think 14 tons is just another bucket full

980Cleftstep.jpg

The skid steer ( 277 Cat ) has a safe carry load of 3,800 # so I'm more interested in the fewest trips!

snowanyone.jpg

When I weigh the bales we make with either a 510 or a 530 JD baler we normally get between 2,000 and 2,200 # - - - I also still have a model 700 BobCat ( 1975 edition ) that I had to add 680# of weight to the rear of to carry one of these bales and we still feed with it on the farm to the south where my son lives. I rebuilt the V4 Wisconson engine in it this summer and it is still going strong but even with the extra weight you have to keep the bales low untill time to go in the feeder and make sure you are on level ground then!

I guess I'm like "Tim the Toolman Taylor" as I believe in " more power" as most times diesel is cheaper than labor!

Nicky said:
Yeah, we won't be carrying two of these bales. First cutting weighed 1440, haven't weighed the 2nd yet. Less trips to get it off and will be less to feed it. Also less room to stack it.

Jody, we'd make you a deal on the swather! lets hope there are no pictures of it next summer!
if the tractors is good on it just buy a rotory header for it

To answer some questions:
Ace - the tour went to Harrells, Birds and Chandlers for PB breeders. Saw 4 bunches of commercial cattle, and our rangeground neighbor who uses hereford bulls on black cows. He had 150 bulls in one pasture...it was pretty neat to see. I almost didn't go because we were busy but my college friend came over from Idaho to go to it so Mike insisted I go with her. What a guy:D It was really fun and I'm very glad I went. I saw people I hadn't seen for close to 30 yrs :shock: , had a great time with my friend, and met lots of new people. There was another tour in Id. but it is over, it was Sept 10, didn't make it to that one.

FH - we love the baler! Be sure to tell Mr FH that we worked up the patches then seeded the peas/oats/barley.

Jody-you never know, he's really interested in a MacDon

few McDons here that old rotory of mine out cut the neighbors McDon(brother was running it) in the meadow they finally lowerd the shoes and lifted the header above the moss to get ir cur... well they still cutting.
What ever he gets I'd look at a rotory over a sickle bar.

jodywy said:
few McDons here that old rotory of mine out cut the neighbors McDon(brother was running it) in the meadow they finally lowerd the shoes and lifted the header above the moss to get ir cur... well they still cutting.
What ever he gets I'd look at a rotory over a sickle bar.

See Big Muddy....... another convert trying to convince another possible convert. :lol:

Told ya so........ :lol:

Latest posts