• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H said:
That bunch of horses are nervous for a good reason! :wink: And it has absolutely nothing to do with a fast horse and a long rope. :D If ya keep working around the mountain looking for more brambie bands, sooner or later we will meet. :D Great pictures of the desert.

Hey,, H I told you I stop by when we get out there again,,, It's just we have been keeping close to the fire. You probably know how slick that mud gets around Dugway and us old guys don't like to shovel or walk. I'm betting the sun will eventually shine.

mustang said:
leanin' H said:
That bunch of horses are nervous for a good reason! :wink: And it has absolutely nothing to do with a fast horse and a long rope. :D If ya keep working around the mountain looking for more brambie bands, sooner or later we will meet. :D Great pictures of the desert.

Hey,, H I told you I stop by when we get out there again,,, It's just we have been keeping close to the fire. You probably know how slick that mud gets around Dugway and us old guys don't like to shovel or walk. I'm betting the sun will eventually shine.

We will be kickin' up dust before long! :lol: Can't wait to meet ya. I knew Ray Park but not as well as you. The horses are hanging around the road as i travel to and from work. As are lots of cows and antelope. It's like the seringetti out here. :D

leanin' H said:
mustang said:
leanin' H said:

We will be kickin' up dust before long! :lol: Can't wait to meet ya. I knew Ray Park but not as well as you. The horses are hanging around the road as i travel to and from work. As are lots of cows and antelope. It's like the seringetti out here. :D

I about had to laugh when I read the word seringetti,,,, about three years ago we were coming out of the mouth of Rydalch Canyon, the grass was green and we could see all the way across Skull Valley. There were four of five bands of mustangs,, antelope everywhere,,, when Keith Wilson said those exact words.

When it's all done,,, all we will have, is those memories.

The books I read say there is some Spanish Barb blood mixed in

the grays sparring sure look the part, the other gray looks pretty tame

thanks for the info

leanin' H said:

Hey H',,, Give me a little more of hint on which side of which mountain.
Should I look on the east side of Lookout or the west, or in Erickson Pass ?

Or, are you talking about south east of the James Ranch. I've not found any mustangs over a mile or two south of the Pony Express Road. However I'd take you word over my limited experience,,, after all it' your back yard. :)

mustang said:
leanin' H said:

Hey H',,, Give me a little more of hint on which side of which mountain.
Should I look on the east side of Lookout or the west, or in Erickson Pass ?

Or, are you talking about south east of the James Ranch. I've not found any mustangs over a mile or two south of the Pony Express Road. However I'd take you word over my limited experience,,, after all it' your back yard. :)

There is a little band left on the sheeprocks near erickson pass and they hang around above Charlie Wrights old homestead (Now called M&M ranch) on the long kind of bare ridges near Elder and West Government canyons. I saw them last fall and there were 8 mares and a stud horse, all solid blacks. The mustangs used to roam clear east to maple mountain in the old days and the horse trails are still etched across the high passes. There are quite a few of the Davis Knolls horses that summer up in Faust canyon north of lookout pass. I am gonna send you a PM with my cell phone number. Call me and we will get together and go for a drive-about. I'm buyin' lunch too! :D

Latest posts