• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

pistol packimg momma

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hopalong

Reaction score
Oklahoma Mother, 18, Kills Intruder Breaking Into Her Home While on Phone With 911
22 hours ago - ABC News 2:11 | 7,166,270 views
911 operator told young mother she could not shoot until man entered her home.

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/oklahoma-mother-18-kills-intruder-breaking-into-her-home-while-on-phone-with-911-27777235.html

Just goes to show how worthless cops are at protecting.At least they didnt arrest her.

The news said that the baby's dad just died on Christmas from cancer.

Wow, what a tough week for her.

smalltime said:
Just goes to show how worthless cops are at protecting.At least they didnt arrest her.

Maybe they couldn't get out there in time. She probably had enough time to get the guns, call 911, ask what she could do and they kicked the door open. Bet the dead one doesn't do that again and the one who gave himself up may have learned a small lesson.

I hope this helps our freedom to have firearms. Out here where we are 40 mi from the nearest town with cops we are prepared to deal with any problems ourselves. AND I probably won't have enough time to even call 911 :!:

Saw her on TV last night- and she handles that double barrel pretty well for as little as she is...
Sounds to me like the dispatcher gave her some pretty sound advice...

Home alone with her 3-month-old son, McKinley of Blanchard, Oklahoma, said she decided to make a stand when the two men tried to break into her home on New Year's Eve.

McKinley, who had been widowed less than a week before, placed a couch in front of one door and went to the bedroom and put a bottle in her baby's mouth before calling 911, she said on HLN's "Dr. Drew" on Wednesday.

A 911 operator calmly spoke with McKinley, who asked if it was permissible to shoot an intruder, officials said.

"I've got two guns in my hand. Is it OK to shoot him if he comes in this door?" asked McKinley, 18.

"Well, you have to do whatever you can do to protect yourself," dispatcher Diane Graham responded. "I can't tell you that you can do that, but you do what you have to do to protect your baby."

In the end, McKinley fired a 12-gauge shotgun and killed Justin Shane Martin after he entered her home, according to a Blanchard Police Department affidavit filed in court Wednesday. Martin was armed with a knife, authorities said.

"You have to make a choice, you or him. I chose my son over him," McKinley said to CNN Oklahoma City affiliate KWTV.

First Assistant District Attorney James Walters told CNN that McKinley will not be charged because she acted in self-defense.

"A person has the right to protect themselves, their family and their property," Walters said.

As for the 911 operator's guidance?

"I would agree with that advice," the prosecutor said

A man who allegedly tried to break into the home of a recently widowed Oklahoma woman -- who shot and killed his alleged fellow intruder after calling 911 -- was freed Thursday on bail despite a first-degree murder charge, a court clerk said.

Although he did not fire the fatal shot, 29-year-old Dustin Louis Stewart is charged with first-degree felony murder in the incident because if someone dies during the commission of certain crimes, such as burglary, an alleged accomplice can be charged in the death, prosecutors have said.

A hearing for Stewart was held Thursday in the central Oklahoma city of Chickasha, five days after the incident. During that hearing, Stewart posted the $50,000 bond and was released, Grady County court clerk Jessica Pickle told CNN.

Prosecutors recommended that $50,000 be set as the bail amount,
according to a court document. Stewart was ordered not to have any contact with the alleged victim -- in this case, Sarah Dawn McKinley, who fired the fatal shot -- and to appear next in court the morning of January 20.

A preliminary hearing in the case is set for May 23, the document signed by Stewart states.

But even tho he turned himself in- I think the bail for first degree murder was extremely low...

smalltime said:

Law enforcement agencies in the U.S. are under no obligation to protect citizens from harm.

That "Serve & Protect" BS you read is just that..................BULLSHIT.

It appears that her attitude, along with her aim, was right on target. She did everything correctly. Call 911 first and give the police a chance but be ready to handle the situation yourself. This young lady should become the hero of those who would fight to protect their home from being invaded.

Latest posts