• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Plastic hay ring ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I don't have any myself but a friend on the prairies uses them and they work great. They are made of 4 inch, heavy wall plastic pipe. The rounds are fused together and the uprights are coped and bolted to three of four rounds. Very light weight and durable. They never freeze down because cattle are moving them constantly. Not recommended for bulls. There is a website for a builder in Manitoba, My friend bought a fuser and pipe and built them himself.

We use some but without a skirt kit and extra bars they seem to waste a fair amount of hay in my opinion.

I will start by saying our ranch is in South Texas so we dont have any freezing issues. We put out 5 bails of hay each week during the winter and 3 of the rings are made of plastic tubing and in my opinion do a much better job than the two metal rings that we currently have in place. We are currently running 150ish head of mostly Brahmas and two of the bulls are big boys and the tail gate of my ranch truck can testify to just how much damage they can do when excited. The plastic tubing rings have been doing a pretty good job for approximately 8 years now.

Latest posts