• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

PLEASE BE SAFE

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
this is so sad..... my heart goes out to this family.

please be careful.

http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-als-kansas-girl-killed-in-farming-accident-20131024,0,5291143.story

jigs said:
this is so sad..... my heart goes out to this family.

please be careful.

http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-als-kansas-girl-killed-in-farming-accident-20131024,0,5291143.story

OMG!! How horrific!!! So sad for this family. You wonder how any family could recover, to any degree, from that.

We had a young man near here get killed with a bobcat loader while stacking hay bales.

He had taken out the side window panels of the cab.....and it seems he could not see in front of him very well.....so he poked his head out the side of cab....then he raised the loader front!!

:cry:

It is amazing how fast things can go wrong.....

it bugs me because I can not count how many times we had all 4 kids piled into the combine, sitting on the floor, leaning up against the glass.... I don't even want to think about it.....

this family is "a friend of a friend" situation, so I am waiting to hear of a fund to donate to......

That SUCKS. Like you, I have either had the girls with me, or many many years ago, I was the kid against the front window. I never knew many folks around Manchester, but the outfit I worked for down there, sprayed lots of fields around there.

he had to hit a HUGE gully going pretty fast, I think...no other explanation in my mind

We had a combine one time. Dad crawled up the ladder and grabbed the door handle. When he pressed the button to open it the door which is one solid piece of glass it exploded into a million pieces. We had a window on a tractor explode one day in the summer just sitting out in the sun. I believe it can happen. And my dad always asks why I don't bring my kids to work. This is why. Just reading that story made me sick.

I also had a front window on a tractor explode. I saw a small piece of mud fly up and hit the window. All it would have taken is for the little girl to bang her head or elbow on the glass and stress and fatigue would do the rest. So sad and our hearts go out to the family.

Neighbors had a combine window just fall out for no good reason. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Latest posts