• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Plowing

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bruce

Reaction score
Dad's paint's

CIMG0844.jpg

CIMG0843.jpg

CIMG0841.jpg

Older brother's 6 up

CIMG0840.jpg

CIMG0834.jpg

CIMG0829.jpg

CIMG0810.jpg

CIMG0805.jpg

4 up

CIMG0811.jpg

CIMG0836.jpg

Foot burner :)

CIMG0825.jpg

CIMG0818.jpg

CIMG0821.jpg

Have a great weekend!!!

Hayguy

Reaction score
what the he...... no smoke, no roar of an engine, no fuel to pump, no oil to add... this can't be farmin' :!:

Angus cattle shower was looking for pictures of farming rig's up in ranch talk :wink: :wink:

great photo's

leanin' H

Reaction score
Ya know, if diesel keeps going nuts we all might be in the market for a couple of teams to farm and feed with! :shock: I love the pictures and hope ya continue to show us what your up to. Thanks a bunch! :D My wife was wondering how many acres you plow and how long it takes. Thanks again!

Bruce

Reaction score
Thank's all :) I sure enjoy viewing the picture's and stories on rancher's and it's nice to contribute!

H this is at a neigbor's annual little get together and they are pretty much just plowing for fun, and practice for the Wanham plowing match. My brother is a very accomplished teamster and has plowed 15 - 20 acre's at home some year's with 6 up and a 2 bottom sulky plow. I'll have to ask him how many acre's he get's done in a good day?

You would think there would be some economical benefit in fuel saving's, or tourist attraction, or selling a broke team every few year's..........or something!! but the reality is with feed, yardage, hoofcare, replacement due to injury or age (trainning) it just isn't a profitable venture:(
On the other hand to watch his kid's (and mine on occasion) take an interest in something other than rolling pickup's on Sat. night is priceless!!

Take care

katrina

Reaction score
Those pictures are bittersweet to me.. My dad use to feed with a six horse team.. I would ride behind the hains.. take a grab with both hands and away to the barn we would go..

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I sure would like to do a lil plowin like that someday, good lookin teams everyone of them
good luck

Latest posts