• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Politically correct holiday greetings to all you liberals

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Liberty Belle

Reaction score
"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms.

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

Liberty Belle said:
Have you spoken to anyone from the ACLU lately? :shock:

Have you?
I have to admit, I've never known a soul in the ACLU... Do you think all liberals are members or something? :???:

So far as the NEA, as a temporarily retired teacher, I've known a *lot* of members of the NEA. And teachers tend to say "Merry Christmas". :) :santa:

PS: Many teachers who belong to the NEA are conservatives... (I realize this is just further screwing up the stereotype. :wink: )

As a member of the NCAE & NEA and being a active Republican I KNOW. BUT have you seen what is going on in the schools today?
3 of our classrooms had to CANCEL thier "Holiday" party because a Jahovia Witness was in the class and the parents said you can NOT exclude thier child that was damaging to thier self esteam. They said if the class had the party they would sue.
Teachers are being bullied and they are scared. Since most teachers are young and have less than 5 years experience they backdown. Last year we lost to retirement 6 teachers, what we replaced them with was 7 teachers just out of student teaching.
Maybe I am seeing a different problem than you are in the fact I am in a urban setting.

What did President George W. Bush's cards say (paid for by the Republican Party)? Not Merry Christmas. :lol:

MsSage said:
3 of our classrooms had to CANCEL thier "Holiday" party because a Jahovia Witness was in the class

:???:
Considering JWs, like other evangelical Christians, tend to be quite conservative, I'm not seeing where this is supporting the this-problem-is-caused-by-liberals theory.

I do agree that it's unfortunate those parents couldn't have tried to find a compromise, though. :(

Liberty Belle said:
Have you spoken to anyone from the ACLU lately? :shock:

Got this e-mail a while ago, I sure sent off my card, with some hand-written passages from the Bible. I sure hope it tweaks their little beaks.
I'm not sure if this was already posted here in Ranchers.net, if so, I apologize for the repetition. If not, I urge those of you who think the ACLU is a "little" bit out of control to do this one thing.

Hey, wanna have some fun this CHRISTMAS?
Send the ACLU a CHRISTMAS CARD!
As they are working so very hard to get rid
of the CHRISTMAS part of this holiday,
we should all send them a nice, CHRISTIAN,
card to brighten up their dark, sad, little world.

Here's the Address, just don't be rude or crude.
(It's Not the Christian Way ya know?)

ACLU
125 Broad Street
18th Floor
New York, NY 10004

maybe with idea of separation of church and state a couple of hundred years ago?

There is no seperation of Church and State in our Constitution,,,that is Just a NeoLiberal agenda....... missinterpeted by those wishing to shove thier athist religion down our throats that many claim to be in the Constitution...

there is the establishment clause that states...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

So each law prohibiting the Free excercise of religion made by congress is in violation of the Constitution....

Merry Christmas.....

stevec said:
Hanta Yo said:
Here's the Address, just don't be rude or crude.
(It's Not the Christian Way ya know?)

The fact that you needed to include that warning says a lot, doesn't it?

Some of the most unchristian people in the world are the people who claim to be Christian.

...gee, I wonder where the politicization of Christmas started.....maybe with idea of separation of church and state a couple of hundred years ago? Why do conservatives hate liberals of today and love the radical liberals of yesterday?

*doublethink* Holding two contradictory ideas simultaneously

I only included it because it was part of the e-mail, and yes, it's sad that many people who call themselves Christian are quite evil themselves. Not going any further with this subject, tho. Have a Merry Christmas! :santa:

Steve said:
maybe with idea of separation of church and state a couple of hundred years ago?

There is no seperation of Church and State in our Constitution,,,that is Just a NeoLiberal agenda........

:???:
Thomas Jefferson was a "NeoLiberal?"

considering it was he who coined the phrase in a letter to a Baptist minister who was concerned about government interference in the Church...

Thursday, Dec. 22, 2005 5:21 p.m. EST

22 Congressmen Hate Christmas

This year's "War for Christmas" – keeping "Christ" in the holiday has apparently been won. And, like many "wars," there has even been a Congressional resolution in support of keeping Christmas alive and well.

On December 15 the House of Representatives passed a resolution "protecting the symbols and traditions of Christmas" by an overwhelming 401-22 vote.

Representative JoAnn Davis (R-VA), the resolution's sponsor, said the resolution was necessary to counter "political correctness run amok."

"No one," she said, "should feel like they have done something wrong by wishing someone a Merry Christmas."

Twenty-two Democrats played Scrooge and disagreed.

Representative Robert Scott (D-VA) said Republicans were more concerned with the symbolism rather than the substance of Christmas – referring to Republican passage of a bill to slow the rate of growth in federal entitlement programs.

Davis lodged a preemptive response to critics who might question the constitutionality of her resolution.

"Celebrating Christmas is not a violation of separation of church and state," she said. "The Framers intended that the First Amendment to the Constitution would prohibit the establishment of religion, not prohibit any mention of religion or reference to God in civic dialogue."

The text of the resolution read as follows:

Whereas Christmas is a national holiday celebrated on December 25; and

Whereas the Framers intended that the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States would prohibit the establishment of religion, not prohibit any mention of religion or reference to God in civic dialog: Now, therefore be it resolved, that the House of Representatives –

(1) Recognizes the importance of the symbols and traditions of Christmas;
(2) Strongly disapproves of attempts to ban references to Christmas; and
(3) Expresses support for the use of these symbols and traditions, for those who celebrate Christmas.

As the Christmas season draws to a close, we thought we would share the names of the 22 Congressman who voted against the pro-Christmas resolution:

Congressman Party-State District
Ackerman D-NY 5th
Blumenauer D-OR 3rd
Capps D-CA 23rd
Cleaver D-MO 5th
DeGette D-CO 1st
Harman D-CA 36th
Hastings D-FL 23rd
Honda D-CA 15th
Lee D-CA 9th
Lewis D-GA 5th
McDermott D-WA 7th
Miller, George D-CA 7th
Moore D-WI 4th
Moran D-VA 8th
Payne D-NJ 10th
Rush D-IL 1st
Schakowsky D-IL 9th
Scott D-VA 3rd
Stark D-CA 13th
Wasserman Schultz D-FL 20th
Wexler D-FL 19th
Woolsey D-CA 6th

considering it was he who coined the phrase in a letter to a Baptist minister who was concerned about government interference in the Church...

The constitution being a governing document, made by a assembly of founding fathers niether with any power of thier own, given freely to make a better union,,,and one man's letter should be enough to change it?

How can Jefferson's letter be Justification to change the Constitution? if he had such authority then would every president have the same authority?

Mr. President

To messers Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem & approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful & zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, and in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more & more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man & his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state. ... Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common Father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves and your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

(signed) Thomas Jefferson
Jan.1.1802.

(Jefferson gradually assumed leadership of the Republicans,.)
(He drew to himself a group of like-minded men who began to call themselves Republicans)...
Jefferson was the first President inaugurated in Washington, D.C., a city he had helped to plan. He instituted a republican simplicity in the new capital, cut expenditures in all branches of government, replaced Federalist appointees with Republicans, and sought to curb the powers of the judiciary, where he felt that the Federalists were attempting to entrench their philosophy. He believed that the federal government should be concerned mostly with foreign affairs, leaving the states and local governments free to administer local matters.

which became the Democratic Republicans,,,and the almost 70 years later the democrats.....losing complete touch with Jefferson's original intent.....
........but that's another history lesson in it self......

Merry Christmas......

"No law respecting the establishment of religion" by definition restricts how people practice their religion.

SteveC if you could back off the empire theories, and the compound thinking you might actually make an understandable arguement.....

but then again, one could not expect an elitist ultraliberal from ma. to make alot of sense,

Merry Christmas...

Oldtimer said:
Thursday, Dec. 22, 2005 5:21 p.m. EST

22 Congressmen Hate Christmas

This year's "War for Christmas" – keeping "Christ" in the holiday has apparently been won. And, like many "wars," there has even been a Congressional resolution in support of keeping Christmas alive and well.

On December 15 the House of Representatives passed a resolution "protecting the symbols and traditions of Christmas" by an overwhelming 401-22 vote.

Representative JoAnn Davis (R-VA), the resolution's sponsor, said the resolution was necessary to counter "political correctness run amok."

"No one," she said, "should feel like they have done something wrong by wishing someone a Merry Christmas."

Twenty-two Democrats played Scrooge and disagreed.

Representative Robert Scott (D-VA) said Republicans were more concerned with the symbolism rather than the substance of Christmas – referring to Republican passage of a bill to slow the rate of growth in federal entitlement programs.

Davis lodged a preemptive response to critics who might question the constitutionality of her resolution.

"Celebrating Christmas is not a violation of separation of church and state," she said. "The Framers intended that the First Amendment to the Constitution would prohibit the establishment of religion, not prohibit any mention of religion or reference to God in civic dialogue."

The text of the resolution read as follows:

Whereas Christmas is a national holiday celebrated on December 25; and

Whereas the Framers intended that the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States would prohibit the establishment of religion, not prohibit any mention of religion or reference to God in civic dialog: Now, therefore be it resolved, that the House of Representatives –

(1) Recognizes the importance of the symbols and traditions of Christmas;
(2) Strongly disapproves of attempts to ban references to Christmas; and
(3) Expresses support for the use of these symbols and traditions, for those who celebrate Christmas.

As the Christmas season draws to a close, we thought we would share the names of the 22 Congressman who voted against the pro-Christmas resolution:

Congressman Party-State District
Ackerman D-NY 5th
Blumenauer D-OR 3rd
Capps D-CA 23rd
Cleaver D-MO 5th
DeGette D-CO 1st
Harman D-CA 36th
Hastings D-FL 23rd
Honda D-CA 15th
Lee D-CA 9th
Lewis D-GA 5th
McDermott D-WA 7th
Miller, George D-CA 7th
Moore D-WI 4th
Moran D-VA 8th
Payne D-NJ 10th
Rush D-IL 1st
Schakowsky D-IL 9th
Scott D-VA 3rd
Stark D-CA 13th
Wasserman Schultz D-FL 20th
Wexler D-FL 19th
Woolsey D-CA 6th[/quote

Thanks for the post OT, figures the 22 were democrats :???: :!:

Steve said:
"No law respecting the establishment of religion" by definition restricts how people practice their religion.

SteveC if you could back off the empire theories, and the compound thinking you might actually make an understandable arguement.....

but then again, one could not expect an elitist ultraliberal from ma. to make alot of sense,

Merry Christmas...

I don't think stevec is really an ultraliberal - he's just crazy.

Stevec: do you walk around the streets of Boston lugging around binders full of rants and notes that you someday hope to compound into your manifesto? that's how I picture you. Merry Christmas, though! I have a feeling you'll be driving your family up the wall!

Latest posts