• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Poll for Alberta Ranchers.net Members .

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Which Party is getting your vote .

• 1:Alberta Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2:Wildrose Alliance Party

• 3:Progressive Conservatives

• 4:NDP

• 5:Other or independant

• Total voters
hillsdown said:
Yes and WR has a 2% lead right now, fingers crossed .

She made a pretty nice come back.

I was watching it while talking to my Daughter in Sylvan.

Would that Cal Dallas from Red Deer South be in his mid 50's? Name sounds familiar from my college days at Olds.

Big Muddy rancher said:
hillsdown said:
Yes and WR has a 2% lead right now, fingers crossed .

She made a pretty nice come back.

I was watching it while talking to my Daughter in Sylvan.

Would that Cal Dallas from Red Deer South be in his mid 50's? Name sounds familiar from my college days at Olds.

Looks like the same fella Big Muddy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_Dallas

Big Muddy rancher said:
I don't know why they don't declare Kerry the winner. :roll:

I am so very proud of the area I live in ! They stuck to their principles and voted for what they know and not what they heard or were told by propaganda. This being a very very old community , alot of members that have never travelled further than a county or 2 over in their lives. People that have been set on their ways for generations and stubborness could embrace a new face for our province.

Doesn't say much for the fear mongers does it, the folks that built this province wanted a change for the better and voted for it ,thinking about the future of generations to come . I am looking forward to an opposition that will hold the government accountable for everything they try to pull and a MLA that represents the folks that work so very hard to make this province great !

I had my hopes up for the majority sadly. The fear tactics will not work next time in the suburban areas. All us country folk sure sent alot of wildrosers to to Edmonton tonight.

elwapo said:
I had my hopes up for the majority sadly. The fear tactics will not work next time in the suburban areas. All us country folk sure sent alot of wildrosers to to Edmonton tonight.

Am I disappointed yes, but I think this is just the beginning of a very long future for WR in Alberta .

I hope Per is celebrating tonight, for a heck of a (clean)campaign and a valiant effort !!!! :clap: Lot's to be proud of. :tiphat:

hillsdown said:
elwapo said:

Am I disappointed yes, but I think this is just the beginning of a very long future for WR in Alberta .

I hope Per is celebrating tonight, for a heck of a (clean)campaign and a valiant effort !!!! :clap: Lot's to be proud of. :tiphat:
Well I am happy and sad. Certainly the three riding's where I concentrated we delivered the WR. Somehow the north let us down a bit. Peter only received 8 seats in his come out year. Danielle was gracious but she had her hopes up just like the rest of us. The winner is Alberta here in that the folks got engaged and will be paying attention to whether or not the PC's can live up too their talk.

I feel like pukeing. :mad: :mad: :mad: I never thought that I would leave Alberta but Saskatchewan is looking better all the time. Any land for sale around Big Beaver??

At the risk of stepping in it...
There were some close races. It appears, at least in the ridings with real Yahoos running that the Yahoos lost, regardless of party.
I hope that although the majority is fairly large they don't forget that a lot of the votes in the ridings were pretty close. The shift from winning by several thousand down to a couple of hundred votes will hopefully be a wakeup call.
The loss of a lot of overzealous deadwood in the ruling party is also a good thing.
We will see how it goes...

I think a couple bone heads hurt the WR party. Looked a little like a few of the real out there reform guys federally. Most were good but a few were out there . Im sure the PCs will continue down thier path of arrogance and next one might be dif.

I think it is a mirror of when the reform went to Ottawa and the fear campaign was effective as it was here in Alberta. Next time it wont work so well.Morton and his gang were thrown out, which shows we will not put up with anyone that tries to take property rights away. The south will rise again!!!!

Latest posts