• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Portable Watering System

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Reaction score
The Mister, who is really technology averse, has asked me to post a question for him about a watering system he remembers seeing. Mister Kelpie&Collie says:

"I've seen it in a lot of places, it's two tubs within a frame. The frame can then fold up and the tubs can be towed along -- down the highway if necessary -- and its usually a battery and solar powered pump. Does anyone know who manufactures this? If you've used it, does it work well?

The place where we are currently at doesn't have any permanent sources of water -- we run a strip grazing system and just move a water truck around every day. But there is a creek running through and it's be good if there was a portable pump and portable water trough that we could hook onto with the ATV as we're changing the fence."

My own two cents: We might have convinced the owner to put in permanent water systems (we just manage the place), but it's good to have a back up plan in case he doesn't follow through with that idea.

Solarwest and Capsolar both offer this kind of thing. Kelln Solar does as well now.

Latest posts