• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

President 2012

Help Support Ranchers.net:

redrobin

Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt that the democratic ticket will be obama hillary, how would a Herman Cain , Sarah Palin ticket be for the republicans?

rammtein7 said:
I hope Sarah Palin is the front runner for the GOP. Then I'm confident Obama will win again.

I agree rammtein-- if Sarah is the front runner- Obama is in with no problem...

And I'd never heard of this Herman Cain :???: I had to google him to find out who he was....
And after finding out- you'd never get the radical right to support him....

Oldtimer said:
rammtein7 said:
I hope Sarah Palin is the front runner for the GOP. Then I'm confident Obama will win again.

And I'd never heard of this Herman Cain :???: I had to google him to find out who he was....

I find that last comment odd.

He supports a strong national defense, opposes abortion, backs replacing the federal income tax with a national sales tax and favors a return to the gold standard.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/news/ap/politics/2011/May/21/herman_cain_launching_white_house_bid.html

And here's what a Wall Street Journal staffer thought of his performance in the S. Carolina debate. If you'd have bothered to watch it, you might have known who he was.

A Fox focus group held directly after the debate declared him the overwhelming winner. Conservative bloggers and pundits added similar fanfares.

Even some fans, though, say he needs to bone up more on a range of issues.

"Herman is a great speaker and makes a great first impression," said Dave Funk, who has sat down with Mr. Cain six times in recent months as co-chairman of the Republican Party in Iowa's dominant Polk County. "But what I don't see yet is a great deal of depth on things like Afghanistan and national defense."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704681904576311474087295408.html

So tell us, enlightened one, why would he never get the support of the "radical" right wingers?

Can't wait to hear the logic applied to this one.

redrobin said:
I wouldn't doubt that the democratic ticket will be obama hillary, how would a Herman Cain , Sarah Palin ticket be for the republicans?

I can't really see Hillary running with Obama :? Maybe but I think it might be a clash of personalties.

I would like to see all the R candidates secluded somewhere until they decide among them selves who will run and not beat themselves up and break the bank just getting to the general election.

Oldtimer said:
rammtein7 said:

Gee I would have thought you would have said radical RACIST right since anyone that disagrees with your hero is tagged a RACISTS even when they are Black themselves.

BTW I find it funny how you claim to be an independent yet you don't even know who the potentual candidates are that will be taking down your DEMOCRAP hero.

Think of it this way Oldtimer if Herman Cain does win the nomination of the Republican Party, at least the DNC and Obama will have to shelf the race card and run on HIS RECORD, which means your hero will have to get use to being a one term failure as a president. :wink:

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
rammtein7 said:

Gee I would have thought you would have said radical RACIST right since anyone that disagrees with your hero is tagged a RACISTS even when they are Black themselves.

BTW I find it funny how you claim to be an independent yet you don't even know who the potentual candidates are that will be taking down your DEMOCRAP hero.

Think of it this way Oldtimer if Herman Cain does win the nomination of the Republican Party, at least the DNC and Obama will have to shelf the race card and run on HIS RECORD, which means your hero will have to get use to being a one term failure as a president. :wink:

You mean like our one term sheriff of a county in Montana, population of under 7000, :wink: :wink: :wink:
couldn't even get reelected (claims he didn't run) but in truth was asked not to!!!

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
rammtein7 said:

I agree with the majority of your post with the exception of the part I bolded. Turst me on this one, all's fair in love and politics. I believe that if the donks felt they needed to go nuclear to save the presidency, they'd gladly paint Cain as an Uncle Tom.

Herman Cain, Who is he? I like OT have hardly heard of him. I guess we read the headlines and ignore what is inside. I guess I have seen his adds for president on the internet before but paid little attention to them.

In the last four months the media has got the American people to believe that Obama is unbeatable. He is not that well liked but it is most likely he will be re-elected in 2012.

In times like this it seems the Republicans pick a dark horse candidate. Someone to just keep the pot bubbling. Herman Cain would sure fit that spot.

Herman Cain may not be that well known, but he is not an outsider like Obama. He is made of the same fabric that we all believe we are made of. He is optimistic and definatly is an achiever. Watch him; He just might just be an inspiration.

Whitewing said:
Tam said:
Oldtimer said:

I agree with the majority of your post with the exception of the part I bolded. Turst me on this one, all's fair in love and politics. I believe that if the donks felt they needed to go nuclear to save the presidency, they'd gladly paint Cain as an Uncle Tom.

Well the Dems will not beable to make the Republican and Independent voters think they are racist if they don't vote for their Black candidate and we all know that is what happen in 2008. It made me sick to hear adults proudly proclaiming they voted for Obama as they wanted to be a part of "HISTORY" :roll: Never mind the fact the black guy was an INCOMPETENT NARISSISTIC FOOL with absolutely no business experience and questionable qualifications to the highest seat in the country. They made HISTORY alright, the question now is what will it take to clean up the results of their HISTORICAL UNINFORMED VOTE. :mad:

Clarencen said:
Herman Cain, Who is he? I like OT have hardly heard of him. I guess we read the headlines and ignore what is inside. I guess I have seen his adds for president on the internet before but paid little attention to them.

In the last four months the media has got the American people to believe that Obama is unbeatable. He is not that well liked but it is most likely he will be re-elected in 2012.

In times like this it seems the Republicans pick a dark horse candidate. Someone to just keep the pot bubbling. Herman Cain would sure fit that spot.

Herman Cain may not be that well known, but he is not an outsider like Obama. He is made of the same fabric that we all believe we are made of. He is optimistic and definatly is an achiever. Watch him; He just might just be an inspiration.

Well put Clarencen.

I watched that debate and was impressed with how Cain handled himself. Does he have a chance to win the pub nomination? I haven't a clue. Would he be supported by the radical right?

I'm still waiting for our resident political analyst to enlighten us on the subject....you know the one....never heard of the guy, googles him, then makes the authoritative proclamation.

Clarencen said:

The MSM also tried to make it sound as if the Tea Party was nothing to worry about and the 2010 election was going to be a non event for the Dems. And I think we all know just how well that worked out for them. :wink: Could be why FOX (the enemy of the Dems as they tell it as it is) is the most trust news source in the US in the last poll released yesterday.

And I'm not sure what you meant by Cain is not an outsider like Obama. He is a Washington Outsider unlike Obama that was a sitting JUNIOR Senator. On the other hand He is not an outsider to the Business world as he is a successful business man unlike Obama, the community organizer who was never responsible for a payroll.

Whitewing said:
Tam said:
Oldtimer said:

they already started painting....

Instead, Herman Cain's shtick is a version of race minstrelsy where he performs "authentic negritude" as wish fulfillment for White Conservative fantasies. Like the fountain at Lourdes, Cain in his designated role as black Conservative mascot, absolves the White racial reactionaries at CPAC of their sins. This is a refined performance that Black Conservatives have perfected over many decades and centuries of practice.

Let's consider the routine. First, Cain enters the stage to Motown music. Then Cain feigns swimming after rolling up his sleeves to show them his black skin and how he is a hardworking negro (not like those other ones). Cain bellows in a preacher affected voice and channels the folksy negro down home accent of his late grandpappy. In the money shot, Cain gives the obligatory "black folks who are not Republicans are on the plantation" speech to the joyous applause of his White benefactors. And he doubles down by legitimating any opposition to President Barack Obama as virtuous and patriotic regardless of the bigoted well-springs from which it may flow.

In total, CPAC is a carnival and a roadshow for reactionary Conservatives. It is only fitting that in the great tradition of the freak show, the human zoo, the boardwalk, and the great midway world's fairs of the 19th and 20th centuries, that there is a Borneo man, a Venus Hottentot or a tribe of cannibals from deepest darkest Africa or Papua New Guinea on display. For CPAC and the White Conservative imagination, Herman Cain and his black and brown kin are that featured attraction.

We always need a monkey in the window, for he/she reminds us of our humanity while simultaneously reinforcing a sense of our own superiority.

Sadly, there are always folks who are willing to play that role because it pays so well.

Oldtimer said:
rammtein7 said:

I am the most radical right wing nut you ever had grace your presence and I'd vote for them. Explain why we wouldn't vote for that ticket.

Whitewing said:
I'd like to read that piece of work Steve, do you have a link?

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2011/02/12/black-history-month-is-herman-cain-playing-the-race-minstrel-for-cpac/

http://wearerespectablenegroes.blogspot.com/2011/02/chauncey-devega-is-public-enemy-number.html

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/02/16/herman_cain_chauncey_devega

Chauncey DeVega is editor and founder of the blog We Are Respectable Negroes, which has been featured by the NY Times,

gutless b.... didn't even have the courage to use his own name..

Latest posts