• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

President Bush

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
Texan my butt, he is a Kansas State Wildcat !!!!!!!!!!

bushKSU.jpg

I think you two missed it. As for you dis that doesn't supprise me much. I think he was just joking? :oops: :oops:

BBJ is right. Bush was in Manhattan, doing a lecture at Kansas State. the university president gave him a K State uniform with the number 43.......I listened to part of his speech on the radio, and it was a pretty good speech.
only thing I havee heard about from the press is his answer to the butt head who asked about the Brokeback Mountain movie.....

Bush made a comment related to KSU beating Kansas in basketball, and a comment about the Last Chance bar in Aggieville, and there was a refferance to retired Coach Bill Snyder. so, his speech writers must have put in some overtime to tie in the local aspects. Was kind of neat having him here in Kansas......hope he comes back again.

jigs said:
only thing I havee heard about from the press is his answer to the butt head who asked about the Brokeback Mountain movie.....

:lol:

Though I think the better question came from the gal asking about student loans.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-collegeaid24jan24,0,7205841.story?coll=la-headlines-nation
...sophomore Tiffany Cooper asked, "Recently, $12.7 billion was cut from education, and I was just wondering, you know, how is that supposed to help our futures?"

"The education budget was cut?" Bush responded. "Say it again. What was cut? At the federal level?"

She repeated the question and clarified that she was referring to student loans.

"Actually," Bush finally said, "I think what we did was reform the student-loan program.

"We're not cutting money out of it. In other words, people aren't going to be cut off the program. We're just making sure it works better."

Becky Timmons, director of government relations for the American Council on Education, said the president had it half-right. "When you take [$12.7 billion] out of the program, you can both hit the lenders and make students and parents pay a lot more when they repay their loans," she said.

Student groups were unwilling to concede even that much. "The cuts will mostly come from charging higher interest rates to students and parents who are struggling with higher education costs," said Jasmine L. Harris, legislative director of the U.S. Student Assn., a student lobbying organization....

reader (the Second) said:
BBJ said:
I think you two missed it. As for you dis that doesn't supprise me much. I think he was just joking? :oops: :oops:

I didn't miss that. It was obvious. It is actually a point of contention whether GW is a Texan or a Yankee.

What disturbs me most is that he was a cheerleader. :shock:

I didn't think we would have some many eager souls to claim him. Notice none have been from the Plains States.

Latest posts