• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Presidential Narcissism

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Whitewing

Reaction score
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/299388/presidential-narcissism-victor-davis-hanson

The logic of the narcissistic mind in matters of the war on terror works out something like this:

The president will take credit for all the successes on his watch, without ever acknowledging reliance on the policies put in place during the eight years before he took office, much less admitting that he once did his best to undermine all of those inheritances that he eventually found so useful. And in matters concerning his predecessor, Obama will damn Bush for the bad economy that he left to his successor and yet ignore Bush for the successful anti-terrorism protocols that he passed on.

Granny had a saying," big I ,little you"
In his talk the other night the I was used to start nearly every sentence.
This election is going to be one where he will try anything and every thing to convince voters he is large and in charge.
This man's ego is bigger than an overloaded cattle truck and twice as aromatic. The campaign is in sept mode in may and his ego will make him do anything to keep michell in the white house and off his ***.
The next 5 plus months will be most entertaining. I plan to enjoy him squirming. :roll:

And it continues...........

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/my-behalf_644310.html

.........when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf................

The man can't help himself, can he. I will be so glad when I see his sorry, worthless ass kicked to the curb where it belongs.

What a disgrace of a president.

.when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf...

I saw the clip, and thought the same.. what an arrogant ...

even as I served under several presidents.. all better then him,, I always served on my countries behalf.. GOD, Country/Constitution, family... yes.. for a single man.. no...

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; thatI will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

notice the wording... no obligation to bear faith and allegiance to the President..

Enlisted: The first oath, voted on 14 June 1775 as part of the act creating the Continental Army, read: "I _____ have, this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as a soldier, in the American continental army, for one year, unless sooner discharged: And I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as are, or shall be, established for the government of the said Army." The original wording was effectively replaced by Section 3, Article 1, of the Articles of War approved by Congress on 20 September 1776, which specified that the oath of enlistment read: "I _____ swear (or affirm as the case may be) to be trued to the United States of America, and to serve them honestly and faithfully against all their enemies opposers whatsoever; and to observe and obey the orders of the Continental Congress, and the orders of the Generals and officers set over me by them."

http://www.history.army.mil/html/faq/oaths.html

not once in our history has a soldier served on behalf of a President..

[/quote]

not once in our history has a soldier served on behalf of a President..

Well, not until now, apparently. :x

Latest posts