• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Price protection for the fall

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
I watched most of the winter and the best on offer was $1.64 on 850 wts at around $7/100lbs, Canadian dollars we're talking.
The day it was $!98 for $6.37/100lbs I bought but my credit card didn't process,I think I put in a wrong number. So the next day when the premium chart came out I bought at $2.00 for $6.64. That is a contract settling September 25. I don't have to sell the cattle then, I can get higher I basically bought protect on 140,000 lbs of steers. I could have bought higher protection coverage but at a cost. I figured if they sell higher I won't miss the premium much and if I collect I have covered my ass. Should also be able to sleep better this summer.

Bought in about the same as you, and for the same reasons. I felt a little foolish as the insurable price went up and the premiums went down, but then I reminded myself of my reasoning and soon went back to sleeping well again :cboy:

Latest posts