• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pull out of Iraq???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BBJ

Reaction score
Heres what nancy pelosi had to say about it on meet the press.......

MR. RUSSERT: I saw in the USA Today in December of '05 this story, and I'll read it to you and our viewers. "House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi switched gears and embraced a call to begin an immediate withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq," which is quite striking, because in May of 2004 you were on this program, and I asked you specifically, "Should there be withdrawal of U.S. troops by a date certain," and this is exactly what you said.

REP. PELOSI: No. I do not. I believe that because of the mess that has been made in Iraq we have to stay to stabilize Iraq. We have to secure the situation, because now, although it wasn't the case before the war, now it has become a hotbed of terrorist activity.

MR. RUSSERT: Why have you changed your view?

REP. PELOSI: Well, that was a year and a half later by the time I said what I said, and it was on the basis of some very expert advice. As you know, Congressman Jack Murtha has 35 years of experience in protecting our men and women in uniform and being a champion for our national security. I believe that we need a better plan. Our troops—let's—I was just in the Persian Gulf. Every chance I get I want to praise them for their valor, their patriotism and the sacrifice they're willing to make. They've done their job. But the plan—they deserve a better plan getting out of Iraq than the president, than the president gave them going in.

MR. RUSSERT: But Congress...

REP. PELOSI: But my—but what I called for there was not an immediate withdrawal. That's how they characterized it.What I did was to support what Mr. Murtha was saying, which was a responsible redeployment of troops over the horizon to protect our interests in case we were threatened by terrorism or our interests were threatened in the region. The characterization of it was more of an immediate withdrawal than the actual proposal was.

MR. RUSSERT: Well, are you for withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq with—by the end of the year?

REP. PELOSI: I—what our Democratic position is, and our real security agenda is, that 2006 must be a year of significant transition in Iraq. It's time for the Iraqi people to take responsibility for their government and for their security. And again, that we must have a plan that is worthy of these troops and their sacrifice and the sacrifice of the American people.
(She didn't answer the question Tim)

MR. RUSSERT: But you said that, in '04, that you were concerned about stabilizing Iraq, securing Iraq, that it has become a hotbed of terrorism activity. Has anything changed?

REP. PELOSI: No.

MR. RUSSERT: Do you think it's secure? Do you think it's stable?

REP. PELOSI: No.

MR. RUSSERT: Do you think it's a hotbed for—of...

REP. PELOSI: Yes.

MR. RUSSERT: Then why would you withdraw troops?

REP. PELOSI: Because it's not a—yes, I would withdraw them because, on the strength of expert advice, and now you see the generals speaking out on this, that—so much time went by, there was a year and a half between those two statements, and what we had—still had not seen was a plan on the part of the president. The president continued to dig a hole in Iraq, he refuses to come out of there and see the daylight and know there, there's change. There are only two courses of action in Iraq: the president's to stay the course and let some other president sweep up after him, or what the Democrats are saying, 2006 must be a year of significant transition in Iraq with the Iraqis taking responsibility.

MR. RUSSERT: Well, some Democrats, the number two Democrat in the House, in the House, Steny Hoyer, says this, "I believe that a precipitous withdrawal of American forces in Iraq could lead to disaster, spawning a civil war, fostering a haven for terrorists and damaging our nation's security and credibility." That sounds like Nancy Pelosi in May of '04.

REP. PELOSI: Well, you're—you know, it's about time, it's about time. Steny said that six, eight months ago. Now all Democrats are united, House and Senate, around the principle of significant transition in 2006.

MR. RUSSERT: Will you be accused of cutting and running?

REP. PELOSI: It's not a question of cutting and running, it's a question of having the Iraqis transition into their taking responsibility. We have lost now, what, over 2400 of our young men and women, we've lost—many of them--16,000 injured, half of them permanently, it's over $300 billion dollars now, it's a trillion-dollar war, all things taken into consideration, if it ended today, in the cost and reputation for us around the world. So when you make these decisions, they're in a place and time and evaluation of the situation, and you have to weigh different equities.

MR. RUSSERT: So just cut our losses?

REP. PELOSI: You have to weigh different equities. No, you have to have a plan to transition the Iraqis so they can take—they've had an election, they now have a prime minister, and it—and he should then now form a government for them to take control of themselves. Listen, Secretary Rumsfeld just said recently that we would be negotiating with the new government as to how long we would stay in Iraq. Well, the president says he's not going to have politicians in Washington influence that decision, I don't think politicians in Iraq should influence that decision. I think it should be our decision about how our national interest is best served. And in the course of a year and a half, the circumstances on the ground are not improved, then we have to consider other options. But I say again, the American people, and especially our troops, deserve a better plan to get out than they had getting in.

this woman holds a position about as strong as jon kery himself.

Obviously you made the whole thing up since there's no link. Not a surprise, though.

Disagreeable said:
Obviously you made the whole thing up since there's no link. Not a surprise, though.

YOU ARE SO DAMN PATHETIC! :evil: DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THAT I MADE THAT WHOLE EXCHANGE UP? :twisted: YOU MAY HAVE THE TIME TO DO STUPID CRAP LIKE THAT BUT LET ME ASSURE YOU THAT I DON'T. HERE'S YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE LINK:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12612211

I don't know why I let your ignorance bother me like it does, but this is a perfect example of how you spin things when it goes against you. Instead of facing up to the issue here you accuse me of making it up becaue I didn't provide a link. :mad: .. well there you go, now lets try and focus here dis... Do you have anything intellegent to say about what this woman said? And don't answer this with ROTFLMAO,

Latest posts