• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Purchased a new calving ease herdsire

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BRG

Reaction score
So far this winter we have gone to 16 different ranches and have seen somewhere around 1350 bulls. We have seen alot of really good ones, but we finally found a couple that we think will move us forward. Yesterday we purchased the first one at Croissant Red Angus in CO. The other bull hasn't sold yet.

Click on the first link to see his pedigree and the second one to see his video.

http://search.redangus.org/​animal/1445023

http://www.cattleinmotion.com/lot/lot-1-26

Congrats on your purchase. Just looking at his pedigree, that boys family tree must of went through a delimber, not many branches. :wink: :wink:

Hope you get the other one your looking for as well.

I like how his pedigree lays out and his numbers (not out of control, better than average with balance). He is good enough to use on our black cows... :shock:

A well-made bull with a lot of product in his rear 1/3 for a calving ease prospect. Seems a little ouchy on his feet there in the video or am I reading it incorrectly? I'm sure he's as sound as a cat or you wouldn't be bragging on him. :wink:

Best of luck and looking forward to progeny photos in the future. Calving ease sires with some performance and muscle are a diamond in the rough.

Best to ya!

He seemed to walk a tiny bit funny to me as well. I think he is a soggy bugger and should throw scales masher calves, but for walking around in a dry corral that was pretty level he just walked a bit odd. :D But if you like him BRG, that's what counts. :D

Its been a few years since I have been to a LJC sale but the video seems to me to show a tender footed bull. Could be the Budwieser brewers grain or just bad footed genetics? Wouldn't be the first time bad feet come from there. Just my opinion.

leanin' H said:
He seemed to walk a tiny bit funny to me as well. I think he is a soggy bugger and should throw scales masher calves, but for walking around in a dry corral that was pretty level he just walked a bit odd. :D But if you like him BRG, that's what counts. :D

He is walking a bit tender on his back end in the video. When we were there he was better but they told us that he was stove up a bit for a while and it was due to getting injured earlier as the bulls decided it was his day to get picked on. I believe this to be true, as I know what bulls do to each other. Sale day, Lot 2 was boogered up a bit. When you are in the bull business, it seems like every day something else is limping.

BRG said:
leanin' H said:

He is walking a bit tender on his back end in the video. When we were there he was better but they told us that he was stove up a bit for a while and it was due to getting injured earlier as the bulls decided it was his day to get picked on. I believe this to be true, as I know what bulls do to each other. Sale day, Lot 2 was boogered up a bit. When you are in the bull business, it seems like every day something else is limping.

Amem to that! If a bull isnt busting up fences he's busting up himself of another bull. :x

Latest posts