• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Putting pictures on here

Help Support Ranchers.net:

eatbeef

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
517
Reaction score
0
Location
Kansas
its a pain in the butt, ought to be someway to make it easy, did it once and that was my last, i can post to facebook without a problem but this is a pain
 

LazyWP

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 24, 2009
Messages
1,700
Reaction score
0
I use Photo Bucket. Up load my pictures to there, then copy the link to here. If you go to the photo contest page, there are pretty good directions there.
Every site has its own little quirks, and this is one of them.
 

3 M L & C

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
1,182
Reaction score
0
Location
Kansas
HAY MAKER said:
3 M L & C said:
How do you post pictures on here?[/url]

Do you know how to copy and paste ?
good luck


No I honestly don't. I'm not computer illiterate, but never had a need to. I like looking at other people's pictures thought I would put a few of mine on here.
 

leanin' H

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
6,395
Reaction score
918
Location
Western Utah Desert
3 M L & C said:
HAY MAKER said:
3 M L & C said:
How do you post pictures on here?[/url]

Do you know how to copy and paste ?
good luck


No I honestly don't. I'm not computer illiterate, but never had a need to. I like looking at other people's pictures thought I would put a few of mine on here.
Open a photobucket account which is free. Once that is done you can easily upload any pictures you have on your computer to your Photobucket account. Then i open a Ranchers.net window and photobucket in another window. I write the description in first on ranchers then find the picture on PB and click on the IMG Thumb which is a code that usuallu begins with[URL=http,ect.ect.
I have to left click that code and it highlights it, then i right click it and select copy. Go back to your ranchers post and place the cursor where you want the picture and on your keyboard push Ctrl and the V key at the same time. The Code will appear. To make sure it is correct, press preveiw. Add as many pics as you'd like. Then press sumbit! It is kind of a pain at first but if i can do it, so could a cowpie! :D

Eatbeef, you'd best quit your whining and get back to posting pictures! :lol: Unless your a cowpie? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, pictures and people are what make this site! :wink:
 

Faster horses

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
29,282
Reaction score
490
Location
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
I have a photobucket account, but I just do the upload thing
and then find the picture I want, put my browser on the bottom
URL that starts with IMG, when I click on that, it turns to 'copied'
in yellow, and then I go to ranchers.net, right click and a window
comes up, and I just click 'paste'.Make sure you get the IMG
at the beginning and then at the end of what you are transferring.
Oh! and this is a biggie, be sure to take the checkmark out of
'disable BBCode in this post' at the bottom of the
window, or your pictures won't transfer. Good luck!
Be waiting to see some of your pictures!
 

gcreekrch

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
11,463
Reaction score
194
Location
west chilcotin bc
Faster horses said:
I have a photobucket account, but I just do the upload thing
and then find the picture I want, put my browser on the bottom
URL that starts with IMG, when I click on that, it turns to 'copied'
in yellow, and then I go to ranchers.net, right click and a window
comes up, and I just click 'paste'.Make sure you get the IMG
at the beginning and then at the end of what you are transferring.
Oh! and this is a biggie, be sure to take the checkmark out of
'disable BBCode in this post' at the bottom of the
window, or your pictures won't transfer. Good luck!
Be waiting to see some of your pictures!

You're one to talk! All that traveling and seldom see evidence.... :p :lol:
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
3 M L & C said:
HAY MAKER said:
3 M L & C said:
How do you post pictures on here?[/url]

Do you know how to copy and paste ?
good luck


No I honestly don't. I'm not computer illiterate, but never had a need to. I like looking at other people's pictures thought I would put a few of mine on here.

Do you have your pictures on your computer ?
 

Faster horses

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
29,282
Reaction score
490
Location
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
gcreekrch said:
Faster horses said:
I have a photobucket account, but I just do the upload thing
and then find the picture I want, put my browser on the bottom
URL that starts with IMG, when I click on that, it turns to 'copied'
in yellow, and then I go to ranchers.net, right click and a window
comes up, and I just click 'paste'.Make sure you get the IMG
at the beginning and then at the end of what you are transferring.
Oh! and this is a biggie, be sure to take the checkmark out of
'disable BBCode in this post' at the bottom of the
window, or your pictures won't transfer. Good luck!
Be waiting to see some of your pictures!

You're one to talk! All that traveling and seldom see evidence.... :p :lol:

Ok!! I'll post some pictures of our trip to Canada/Alaska as if anyone
would be interested in pictures from almost 2 years ago :p ..........stay tuned.......... :D
 

3 M L & C

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
1,182
Reaction score
0
Location
Kansas
I got one picture right now on my computer basicly in the my pictures part. Still trying to get it figured out.
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
3 M L & C said:
I got one picture right now on my computer basicly in the my pictures part. Still trying to get it figured out.

Well just do that one picture, then you will know how to do all the rest.
Truthfully I post pictures a little differnt than most here do.
To do it the way I do you "WILL" hafta know how to copy and paste and its going to be alot easier for you to understand if you google it than for me to try and explain it, its not hard, when you get that done lemme know.
good luck


PS there are alot of free picture upload sites online, photo bucket is the last choice, too slow and too many animated advertisements.
Paid version is probably good but I dont post enough pictures to consider it.
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
8647736.jpg
[/url][/img]

here is a good one you dont even need an accountt, took me less than a minute to find it and get this pic posted.
good luck



http://picturepush.com/upa




2012-07-04-23.38.04.jpg
 

Latest posts

Top