• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Putting together new planters fo spring 2009

Help Support Ranchers.net:

alabama

Reaction score
It will soon be time to planr corn so I need to hurry up and finish this project. I ordered the planter units and colters from Yetter and built the frame myself. as you can see I still have a long way to go. With lead coulters to make it sotr of no-til and a fertelizer tank on top it should be just what I needed to plant my corn patches.
YetterPlanter71001.jpg

YetterPlanter71004.jpg

YetterPlanter71005.jpg

Looks like it should work when finished.I went to a 12 row last year I sure like it but our fields are a bit bigger.

Do you have a problem with the colters breaking up way to easy?

We used some this fall....not worth a shite...broke up before 50 acres were done.

I will sure try to post the finished results. The coulter brackets are on back order so it may be a week or two. Once I get it all together I will order a tank about 35 gal. and a roller pump so that I can put out fertelizer while I plant.
The hitch needs some work too. I plan to change it around some to fit a 2020 tractor. It is just a two row planter so my old 1068 JD 2020 should work fine.

Mike said:
36 inch planting width?
Yes: I have always used 36 inch and my cultivator is set up on 36. It is adjustable though so I can change it easy enough.

Latest posts