• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Q

Help Support Ranchers.net:

When a forum's majority voice runs off the people that disagree with us, we shouldn't be surprised when discussion eventually drops to nothing. I rarely agreed with R2, OT, kola and others, but you'll have to admit that we had plenty of political discussion when they were here.

Granted, we can't blame all of the slowdown on that, but there's no doubt that we had members here who went after them personally and tried to run them off. Unfortunately, from my viewpoint at least, they appear to have been successful.

Additionally, when a site has a small and close-knit group like we have at Ranchers, it's easy for alternatives to rob the site of participation. We probably lost some discussion to Facebook and/or other sites.

I really miss some of the spirited debates that we used to have in Bull Session more than I miss Political Bull. I'm sure a lot of us missed some work over those pissing contests some days. It was sometimes hard to get busy in the mornings when we had to teach somebody a lesson on the internet. LOL

I'm sure that Q probably predicted this would happen.

She probably comes around looking for me. I've been breaking her heart for years. LMAO

Seriously, though, kola has always been a good sport about things. She can not only dish it out, she can take the crap, too.

Lots of people are now on facebook, and there is only so much time for discussion in a day. Mustang left because
it is too hard to post pictures now.

I'm a diehard. :D I have learned so much from ranchers.net that I am loyal to it, but I miss our good ole' days.
Fightess Fridays for example; photo contest--that was really fun; general ranch talk and happenings;
and recipes among other things.

Q is over on Cattle Today Political thread I think. I checked it out but you have to make so many posts before you get
to see the Political thread. I didn't do that. I get enough politics on FB. :D

I read a lot more than I post, but I'm still around. Since I don't remember when. Fightless Fridays and Good Sunday Morning were my clock for 8 or 9 years... Thankfully won't have to bust it that hard this winter.

I pretty much just lurk a little anymore. Most of the fight has left me in my old age. I think I've been here since about '05, and I used to just lurk on Cattle Today, but there seems to be more discussion over there anymore so therefore I spend more time there.
I do miss all the personalities we had here back in the day though. One I think about frequently is Jinglebob.

I didn't know CT had a politics forum until FH mentioned it here. I never go over there anymore. Macon must be getting soft in his old age. I remember when he was adamant about not allowing any politics over there.

Texan said:
I didn't know CT had a politics forum until FH mentioned it here. I never go over there anymore. Macon must be getting soft in his old age. I remember when he was adamant about not allowing any politics over there.
There are a lot of things NOT allowed over there! I just came back from lurking over there and it's the same old BS that has been going on for years. A couple of people complaining about their used (purchased used) LB7. I had one of those for 12 years and over 300,000 hard miles and NEVER had any problem. Then there's the question about the color of diesel fuel???? For off road it is dyed so that it can be detected if you're using it illegally (no tax). Duh! Then there are those who give advise that know absolutely nothing about the subject they are advising on. Sometimes the advise is just plain dangerous. :lol2:

Big Muddy rancher said:
I suppose Oldtimer is over there bashing Trump and Identifying with Elizabeth Warren over their shared Cherokee heritage.

I dunno. I am not 'friends' with him on facebook (imagine that!) but I see some of his posts on other friends pages and I think he may have changed his tune.
But don't quote me. :wink: :? :)

I wondered where OT had gone off to. Last I knew, he was posting at 5BarX, but it makes sense that he would go to CT for his political discussion if they have a politics forum now. He's been posting over there for a long time.

Texan said:
I wondered where OT had gone off to. Last I knew, he was posting at 5BarX, but it makes sense that he would go to CT for his political discussion if they have a politics forum now. He's been posting over there for a long time.

I totally forgot about 5BarX. I liked it when Larry Leonhardt (Shoshone Angus) posted there. We have met Larry (now deceased), bought bulls from him, and liked to listen to him. He was probably the formost authority on Black Angus genetics in the USA, maybe the world. He was always interesting.

The only reason I know about Politics over at Cattle Today is because I received this as
an invitation in a PM.( Not from OT of course.)

I found another site that isnt dead and allows people to talk without filtering everything.

https://cattleforumtoday.freeforums.net

A politics section opens up after you make a handful of posts.

Feel free to invite anyone you'd like as well.

Okay, I guess I'm confused now. Is "cattleforumtoday.com" what you're referring to with the political forum? I thought we were talking about cattletoday.com that Macon owns. I've never heard of cattleforumtoday.com.

Texan said:
Okay, I guess I'm confused now. Is "cattleforumtoday.com" what you're referring to with the political forum? I thought we were talking about cattletoday.com that Macon owns. I've never heard of cattleforumtoday.com.

I just copied and pasted what I was sent. I guess I have no idea. Maybe it is different. Click on it and see.
I ASSUMED it was cattletoday.com that Macon owns. Now I'm confused. :D

Latest posts