• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Question for All About AMI

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cedardell

Reaction score
When the NAFTA Super Highway Opens why won't the "Big" packers send live cattle south into Mexico to get them processed. This way they can avoid all the US regulations and red tape. They can comingle beef from everywhere and then send it back to us. Kicker is US cattlemen will actualy pay the freight as it will be deducted in the pricing formula. I suppose they could probably get a discounted rate because all those Mexican drivers will see the value in not having to deadhead back into Mexico. Same works for north into Canada. I would think AMI might be concerned about this. What is there left for them to do except open the package.

cedardell said:
When the NAFTA Super Highway Opens why won't the "Big" packers send live cattle south into Mexico to get them processed. This way they can avoid all the US regulations and red tape. They can comingle beef from everywhere and then send it back to us. Kicker is US cattlemen will actualy pay the freight as it will be deducted in the pricing formula. I suppose they could probably get a discounted rate because all those Mexican drivers will see the value in not having to deadhead back into Mexico. Same works for north into Canada. I would think AMI might be concerned about this. What is there left for them to do except open the package.

The Superhighway will benefit those with a multi-national footprint to the detriment of local economies, whatever the industry or product is. It's a way for the big to get bigger, and since they "donate" more in Washington, they get what they want.

When do you boys expect construction to begin on the new hiway? When is completion scheduled?

Has anyone seen ANYTHING to show it actually is anywhere near to being planned, let alone a "done deal"????

MRJ

mrj said:
When do you boys expect construction to begin on the new hiway? When is completion scheduled?

Has anyone seen ANYTHING to show it actually is anywhere near to being planned, let alone a "done deal"????

MRJ

From the Texas DOT:

http://www.keeptexasmoving.com/index.php/trans-texas_corridor

"The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is overseeing the Trans-Texas Corridor (TTC) as the first leg of the NAFTA Super Highway. A 4,000-page environmental impact statement has already been completed and public hearings are scheduled for five weeks, beginning next month, in July 2006. The billions involved will be provided by a foreign company, Cintra Concessions de Infraestructuras de Transporte, S.A. of Spain. As a consequence, the TTC will be privately operated, leased to the Cintra consortium to be operated as a toll-road. "

Reuters News:
"CINTRA Concesiones de Infraestructuras Announces Highway Contract With Texas Department of TransportationWed Feb 28 07:29:00 EST 2007

CINTRA Concesiones de Infraestructuras announced as the head of a consortium that it has been selected by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) as Apparent Best Value Proposal for the construction and operation of State Highway 121 (SH-121). The objective of this project is to design, finance, build, operate and maintain this 41-km. all-electronic barrier-free toll road which runs through Collin and Denton counties, north of Dallas (heavily-developed areas with some of the highest growth rates in the region). The estimated investment is of $3.463 billion. The term of grant will be 50 years from entry in terms of service."

And how many miles of space are between that stretch through TWO of Texas' miniscule counties and the Mexican or Canadian borders?????

Implication has been made in several media sources claiming that it is all planned and a done deal.........but no real validation has been offered in any that I've seen.......however, I don't avail myself of conspiracy tabloids, either, so may have missed the 'expose`.

mrj

MRJ wrote: And how many miles of space are between that stretch through TWO of Texas' miniscule counties and the Mexican or Canadian borders?????

After she wrote:
When do you boys expect construction to begin on the new hiway?

We showed you when it is to begin. Don't think anyone could tell you when it will be completed.

It must be the gin...................

Latest posts