• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Question for O.T.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TexasBred

Reaction score
What would you do if a few folks showed up at your church next week and began to teach contrary to the doctrines of your church?

TexasBred said:
What would you do if a few folks showed up at your church next week and began to teach contrary to the doctrines of your church?

TB.you're in the South...you know that changes from church to church.

From snake handling to fire and brimstone " gunna go to a-hail" for wearing pants kinda stuff....

:roll:

TexasBred said:

Too broad a hypothetical to even answer...
Ministers that aren't liked and don't get along with the congregation don't stay very long... Church doesn't like parishoner's leaving and the collection plate take dropping...

You have never had problems answering hypothetical questions before,,,, but only if it suited your agenda, and this one doesn't :wink: :wink:

kolanuraven said:
TexasBred said:

TB.you're in the South...you know that changes from church to church.

From snake handling to fire and brimstone " gunna go to a-hail" for wearing pants kinda stuff....

:roll:

But I'm Catholic. Not a snake handler nor "my own self appointed Pope". I'm asking about OT's church.

Oldtimer said:
TexasBred said:

Ministers that aren't liked and don't get along with the congregation don't stay very long... Church doesn't like parishoner's leaving and the collection plate take dropping...
So you're saying your church will change it's theology IF some in the church thing it should be changed OR if the collection plate is not coming back with enough money?? What kind of religion is that?? God's word does not change and doctrine absolutely does not change !!!!

TexasBred said:
Oldtimer said:
TexasBred said:

So you're saying your church will change it's theology IF some in the church thing it should be changed OR if the collection plate is not coming back with enough money?? What kind of religion is that?? God's word does not change and doctrine absolutely does not change !!!!

Churches run on the money coming in.....you know that........... geezzzz..

Religion is the biggest business on the planet.

kolanuraven said:
TexasBred said:
Oldtimer said:

Churches run on the money coming in.....you know that........... geezzzz..

Religion is the biggest business on the planet.

What actual percentage of each dollar taken by government is spent on helping the needy?

Since you've been addressing TB,
What actual percentage of each dollar taken by the Catholic church is spent on helping the needy?

I bet you regret going down this road.

Can't actually answer that question as I don't know what the total amount of money taken in by the Church is. I do know that Catholic Relief Services which administers hundreds of millions of dollars each year gets 93% of each dollar to those in need. Throw in Catholic Charities, Catholic Hospitals, Free Clinics and it's sizeable to say the least...well into the billions in the US alone. Never enough but by far the most of any religious group.

Our priest receives $1500 a month plus lives in the rectory. He drives a 2000 Ford Ranger. He holds 9 services a week along with all the other duties of a pastor.

http://on-this-rock.blogspot.com/2013/03/does-church-spend-47-on-charities.html

I think she likes the spankings.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

....that's why she comes back often, and lays herself over the bed for more. :D

Latest posts