• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Question for the NCBA Folks

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

I posted this yesterday-but it was buried in a thread and I received no answer...I realize NCBAers are a dying breed, but there must be at least one left that knows something about this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question to you NCBA folk-- Is it true that NCBA membership now supports not allowing the USDA inspected stamp on imported beef? That they now believe the country of slaughter inspection stamp should remain with the beef thru retail sale ?

That is what I've been hearing-only saw it once in print as a proposal a while back...

Still wouldn't cover the live imports that are slaughtered in the US- but it would be a start.....Take care of the "stuff" coming from the Mexican plants where they can get any official to turn their head for a few pesos- same inspectors that moonlite on the streetcorner selling their "seesters" for a buck....

That has been the position of most of the NCBA for some time. Only recently such as the debate in Lewistown has anyone said so that I know of were Mike John of NCBA said that he wants the label used correctly in agreement with your president Kiker. You have to remember that all that label means is that a USDA inspector approved the meat. The label has been promoted by retailers to mean something entirely different. I don't care where the meat came from, it should be USDA inspected to be sold to US consumers. Retailers and consumers have come to believe that the USDA stamp means US meat. They have no clue or you would not be seeing ads like the one yesterday before the Superbowl for USDA choice hamburger. There is no such thing as choice hamburger, only varying amounts of lean.

sw- Then that reminds me of some of the good old NCBA folks I knew :) ---Too bad NCBA doesn't press the issue a little more to end this fraud....This was the first time I heard an NCBA officer say it publicly.....

Oldtimer said:
sw- Then that reminds me of some of the good old NCBA folks I knew :) ---Too bad NCBA doesn't press the issue a little more to end this fraud....This was the first time I heard an NCBA officer say it publicly.....

Maybe you weren't listening.

Latest posts