• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Question for the Republicans

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I guess in my mind it's about time we had a conservative Christian Rancher. How about Soapweed for president. Ranchers know the value of life, they know where a dollar goes and they know how to stand their ground . Truthfully, I'd like someone that hasn't been groomed for the job. Kind of like Regan again I guess. I would rather have someone more in the private sector though than Regan was. A businessman, rancher, etc.

Jinglebob said:
I'm no longer a Republican, but I'd vote for McCain.

As an Independent- as far as the announced or speculated candidates of both parties I'd have to go with McCain too.....

Jinglebob said:
BBJ said:
Jinglebob said:
I'm no longer a Republican, but I'd vote for McCain.
:shock: OOOO! :eek:

Are you for real? :???:

Well I ain't a ghost,if thats what you mean! :lol:

Maybe I don't understand your exasperatiom. Perhaps you'd care to illucidate? :???:

Well at first I thought maybe you were joking. I guess I thought you were more Republican than you actually are. Sorry about that.

Whoever it is it needs to be a Conservative. Let me shoot a name out, I like him. I am still pondering about him or maybe somebody better for Prez. J.C. Watts from OK

passin thru said:
Whoever it is it needs to be a Conservative. Let me shoot a name out, I like him. I am still pondering about him or maybe somebody better for Prez. J.C. Watts from OK
I could go for Watts in a heartbeat. McCain's nothing but a closet Democrat.

Do you think maybe we need a real conservative on the ticket? Like Pat Buchanan?

To me the Republican party has moved left to where the Dems used to be and the Dems have moved so far left they are off the page now.

We might need to get back to the right some more.

passin thru said:

I like Watts-- a straight shooter.....I definitely think whoever is nominated will have to be someone without ties to the current administration in order to win.....

Watts also sounds good to me and for the same reason. Good man.

I don't know much about "SHERIFF JOE FROM PHOENIX", but if he's the guy I think you mean, he might be just what we need.

Thanks, Red Robin. You flatter me, but I wouldn't take the job on a bet. Heck, I don't even allow myself to run for school board. For one thing, sports would have very little clout if I was on the school board. My priorities would be for the three R's instead. Life is too short to run for public office, and I'd make too many people mad. I seem to have a pretty good knack for that anyway. :wink:

My choice for President would be Sheriff Joe Arpaio from Maricopa County, Arizona. He's a good common sense sort of guy, and doesn't care if he's politically correct. Like he says, "if tents are good enough for people in the military, they are good enough for his prisoners." He's got his prison meals down to 40 cents per serving, and charges the prisoners for the food. More power to him.

Soapweed said:
Thanks, Red Robin. You flatter me, but I wouldn't take the job on a bet. Heck, I don't even allow myself to run for school board. For one thing, sports would have very little clout if I was on the school board. My priorities would be for the three R's instead. Life is too short to run for public office, and I'd make too many people mad. I seem to have a pretty good knack for that anyway. :wink:

My choice for President would be Sheriff Joe Arpaio from Maricopa County, Arizona. He's a good common sense sort of guy, and doesn't care if he's politically correct. Like he says, "if tents are good enough for people in the military, they are good enough for his prisoners." He's got his prison meals down to 40 cents per serving, and charges the prisoners for the food. More power to him.
I agree with you on all counts. A buddie of mine was running for the school board . I told him , you have 400 head of cows, 1100 acres, equipment, employees, a young family ...everything to lose and nothing to gain.

I served three years on the school board- survived 4 years of union negotiations, one 2 week teachers strike, a half dozen law suits, and about 100 new grey hairs before I wised up and got out.......

Latest posts