• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

R-CALF supporter test of integrity

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
Can you tell us just what CFIA screwd up that R-CALF found to make you believe R-CALF can take credit for the overseeing of CFIA.

Tam- CFIA screwed up by allowing in OTM cattle and pregnant cattle-- and with the heat they caught, they have now came up with this new 50 day empty pen segregation rule....Without R-CALF and some other US groups putting the heat on them, they may have just let the whole thing slide by- and lessen our herd health safety rules.......
No CFIA screwed up by telling USDA that they had slipped through.

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
Can you tell us just what CFIA screwd up that R-CALF found to make you believe R-CALF can take credit for the overseeing of CFIA.

Tam- CFIA screwed up by allowing in OTM cattle and pregnant cattle-- and with the heat they caught, they have now came up with this new 50 day empty pen segregation rule....Without R-CALF and some other US groups putting the heat on them, they may have just let the whole thing slide by- and lessen our herd health safety rules.......

So now you are taking credit for the honesty and fair play of the Canadian cattle industry are you? If the CFIA hadn't found and told the USDA about the OTM animal you would have never known. The Canadian industry wants to insure that no other pregnant heifers enter the US, because it is our credibility that is at stake but you take credit for that too. :roll: I guess when the OIE said in their report "the approach to sharing of information and communication demonstrated by Canada is a model to be emulated" when BSE was found in Canada, has something to do with the heat R-CALF was putting on us too right Oldtimer. :roll: Face it Oldtimer Canada has been honest from day one, we are honest inspite of the raff of R-CALF on our industry. I would have to say the credibility of the Canadian cattle industry means more to us than R-CALF's credibility means to the likes of you. AS we have told the truth at great cost to our industry. We are also honestly working to solve the problems that arise, so our Export markets, those open and those we want to open, know they can trust what we say. You R-CALFers take credit for something that has nothing to do with you and you lie knowing the facts will prove you wrong but not before you inflict a little more damage to the industry. How can you flip flop on so much and give a da** about your credibility?

By the way Oldtimer this is what we hear about your 50 day rule. this was part of an industry email we recieved Thursday.

Information taken out of context has been circulating that CFIA is going to require feeder heifers to be assembled for 50 days prior to export. This is only an idea that CFIA has explored in its attempt to find methods of ensuring that no pregnant heifers are exported. CFIA is consulting with industry to attempt to find workable ways to prevent the exportation of pregnant heifers. The drawbacks of requiring feeder heifers to be assembled for 50 days prior to export have been pointed out to CFIA. CCA will continue consulting with CFIA on this issue.
No rule yet just and idea being explored.
Gee how does information get taken out of context. maybe it was like the time Leo said that "Canada has a chronic problem with their Meat and Bone Meal (MBM) feed ban and that it is ineffective" because , "Canada's feed ban is not adequately enforced. News reports originating in Canada indicated that as much as 70% of cattle feed samples tested contained unauthorized animal parts, suggesting that Canada has not adequately enforced its feed bans". But only to have it come out the unauthorized animal parts were rodents and small animals and birds that were ran through the combines in the fall. :roll:

rancher said:
Gee how does information get taken out of context.
You need to go back and read his first post on it Tam. Sure quick to point fingers.

I don't know where Katos information came from but according to our last email the information floating around the industry was taken out of context. I was not the one saying it was taken out of context, the CCA was and they also sent a copy of the current regulations with and not one word is mentioned about the 50 day rule. I even looked on the latest updates to the CCA web site and no new developments have come up since the date of the email. So I looked on the CFIA website and there is no new rules announce on there either. By my comment about how do things get taken out of context was only to prove things are offen said only to find out that someone read something into the information that was not their and made it look as if it was. So who is pointing finger Rancher

Tam said:
rancher said:
You need to go back and read his first post on it Tam. Sure quick to point fingers.

I don't know where Katos information came from but according to our last email the information floating around the industry was taken out of context. I was not the one saying it was taken out of context, the CCA was and they also sent a copy of the current regulations with and not one word is mentioned about the 50 day rule. I even looked on the latest updates to the CCA web site and no new developments have come up since the date of the email. So I looked on the CFIA website and there is no new rules announce on there either. By my comment about how do things get taken out of context was only to prove things are offen said only to find out that someone read something into the information that was not their and made it look as if it was. So who is pointing finger Rancher

You straighten those Canucks on Agri-ville out Tam - or they will be taking your green card :wink: .....I'm not sure how much I trust CCA- (NCBA's siamese twin)- their support of the Big Packers-- and after they went against the Canadian ranchers and supported the big drug companies on the generic Ivomec issue-- look like they could be controlled by the big bucks too, like NCBA...

I thought Katos' info was probably correct-- since if I remember right she works for a Vet and has had accurate info before- and she said she called a CFIA official.....Couldn't be CFIA bureaucrats backtracking now that they are catching heat? Politicians and bureaucrats wouldn't do that :roll: :lol:

If USDA would have listened to R-CALF, NCBA, FU, and FB and required all heifers be spayed we wouldn't have this problem......

Tam said:
rancher said:

I guess you were at Oldtimer and R-calf.

Gee how does information get taken out of context. maybe it was like the time Leo said that "Canada has a chronic problem with their Meat and Bone Meal (MBM) feed ban and that it is ineffective" because , "Canada's feed ban is not adequately enforced. News reports originating in Canada indicated that as much as 70% of cattle feed samples tested contained unauthorized animal parts, suggesting that Canada has not adequately enforced its feed bans". But only to have it come out the unauthorized animal parts were rodents and small animals and birds that were ran through the combines in the fall.

S.S.A.P. said:
Just curious - who makes the generic ivomec products?

In the states its made by several companies....Getting cheaper every day since the patent has expired and all the more companies making it is creating competition...

The funny thing was that CCA agreed with banning it for Canadian producers to use- something about it being unproven- safety issue :roll: But Canada allows in US cattle that have been using it and US beef from cattle that it was used on :???:

Must be just another Canadian Protectionist Issue- don't want to buy US products....But it seems like it is at a hell of an expense to producers- isn't that who the Canadian NCBA should be representing?...

rancher said:
Tam said:
rancher said:

I guess you were at Oldtimer and R-calf.

Gee how does information get taken out of context. maybe it was like the time Leo said that "Canada has a chronic problem with their Meat and Bone Meal (MBM) feed ban and that it is ineffective" because , "Canada's feed ban is not adequately enforced. News reports originating in Canada indicated that as much as 70% of cattle feed samples tested contained unauthorized animal parts, suggesting that Canada has not adequately enforced its feed bans". But only to have it come out the unauthorized animal parts were rodents and small animals and birds that were ran through the combines in the fall.

All I was pointing out was that things get taken out of context only to find out later the information was taken out of context and the story that gets passed around is false. Now if CFIA has changed anything since we recieved the email their sure haven't told the CCA or put it on their own web site.

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
We are not getting the amount of cattle across we did pre-BSE.
Things are not the same because R-Calf has brought it about.
If R-calf had not pushed then things would have been the same and the cattle would free flow across and yes prices would drop.

Hey Rancher I just looked at the Canfax newsletter and it says
Exports over the past nine weeks are actually higher than the pre-BSE average. Other than the first week of resumed feeder cattle movement the range has been 5,692 to 10,661 head. This compares to a pre-BSE average of 2,944 to 4,199 head in August and September. Generally two factors have contributed to this trend so far 1) the U.S. owned feeder cattle that were on feed in Canada and were destined to U.S. finishing lots have moved and 2) a strong feeder market continues to draw feeders south.
Gee imports of feeders is above average and boxed beef is at record levels and still the US cattle prices haven't DROPPED.

So you really don't know everything Queen Tam.
well Rancher looks like you don't know as much as you think you know either. :roll:

How many of those were Hawaiian and Alaskan cattle that came in thru Canada?- they usually don't seperate that info when they cross the border.

Also as long as all the restrictions stay in place- buyers and feeders can afford to pay more for US born and raised, rather than go thru the hoops and loops of required to import or feed Canadian....Need R-CALF to keep USDA from lowering those rules...

Tam- What about the new feedlot requirements for heifers to be imported?

Hardly a handful from Hawaii and Alaska OT, but facts don't matter to you anyway. That was a lame cop-out even for you.

Latest posts