• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rain anyone?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WB

Reaction score
I heard places in Corson County had 3-5 inches I want to hear if anyone was so fortunate.

We received 3 tenths and still holding for more. Makes you feel better knowing it still can rain.

we had 1.75 jerauld county south dakota heard of lightning fire in orient hills in crp in the 70 plus miles hour wind big flames lots of speed heavy smoke headed for a farm yard rain started , they were able to get it out ,first wide spread rain this summer glad to hear alot of people got some rain- highmore to mobridge got some much needed rain hopefully this will help with the fires

Glad to hear your getting some rain. Plentywood MT had 2 inches the other night but it wasn't very wide spread. We got nothing but it's clouding up this morning, not sure if I should go to my meetings today or wait around to see if this is another dry storm.

We got about an inch. Bullhead got 3.5, Mclaughlin around 4, two miles east of Little Eagle about .5 and I heard Leroy Dubray had about 5 inches. These are all hear say but if you were in the streak you got dumped on. There was alot of wind with it.

They called in a fire before it started and we took off and went up on the Rocky Ridge and looked for it. We saw smoke but it was coming south and the wind was out of the south. Where the smoke was it was all burned up anyway. We watched it and TL fire department went up closer to get a better look. It turned out to be a dust cloud ahead of the storm front. The soot and ash from all the fires to the north of us filled the sky and you could not see anything. We heard on the scanner TL was ahead of it and trying to get back to town. I'm not sure how wide it was but I would guess it was at least 4 to 6 miles wide and lasted about 45 minutes before it started raining. It looked like the scene from Hildalgo where he got trapped in the sand storm.

Well that is the unofficial weather report from Lazy ace

have a cold one....or two

lazy ace

Glad you got some rain lazy ace. I bet you would like to see a nice several day soaker. Maybe you could grow some grass before freeze up this year.

Here is hoping fror more this year.

PureCountry said:
Long way from ya, but we had 1.25" last night. That makes 7.5" in the last 2-1/2 weeks. Greenfeed and swath-grazing fields are looking great, finally. They were looking pretty much done before this stretch.
You didn't get the storm we got then...well over two inches and a thunderstorm that was CRAZY,a guy from the area bale stack got struck and got a good fire going,and no power for over two hours at our place. Also heard Red Deer farmers don't have to worry about combining...got hailed out 100% :(

I heard that too. Apparently we were on the north edge of it, because 20 miles SW at Alliance, they had 2-2.5" as well. Power knockouts and such. Our power flickered a couple times, but never stayed out. The largest hail stones bouncing off of my siding were ice-cube size, but most was pea size. That was one of the worst looking clouds I have seen in years though. I was standing out in the driveway taking pictures when the rain started. If we get this new computer going at home - ever - I'll post them. On the digital they look downright spooky.

I hear you about the cloads,our deck looks out East,we were standing out on it,watching the cloads roll and come to points..Greg said hope your ready to make a dive to the basement :shock: I don't think I've ever seen cloads like that! The lightning and thunder was nonstop for hours! Our nieghbor a mile over said his rain gage said three inches. As for Red Deer I hear some of the homes look like a machine gun hit them,hail was LARGE chunks.

Storm rolled thru this AM- dropped enough moisture (.25) where we were combing to shut us down until about noon....But got none 7 miles away where the pasture starts...Lightning caused several fires...

But at least we're pretty much done with combining without setting any fires....

Now back to haying- second cutting is really dried out altho it was only two weeks ago or so we irrigated it.......

It rained most of the day yesterday(Friday), but just light showering and sprinkles. It must have found another gear through the night though, 'cause this morning there's another 1/2" in the gauge. No grassfarmer on this place will be complainin' anytime soon.

Latest posts