• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rain/Mud

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

It is hard to believe we are living in Montana...Last night it rained- temp at 6 AM was 34 degrees and now at noon its a sunshiney 50 with 20mph NW Chinook winds...What little snow we still had in the river valley is now water, mud or ice...

Went to build a gate this morning- but after slipping and sliding around in the mud- decided I'd wait til a colder day... :wink: :)

Long range forecast says this pattern could last thru mid January ! :D

A little icy here this morning but the sun came out and it's a pretty nice day. It sure has shortened the winter up, If we can get to Mid January with out the DEEP FREEZE we usually don't get those long cold spells that start before the new year and go until February. March would be a good time for some snow. :D

Been damp around here too, be nice if this pattern lasted through spring give us a chance at recovering some grass.
good luck

Even up here it's just barely freezing at night (and some nights it doesn't) for the last few weeks. I have a hunch we'll be paying for this at some point this winter.

Silver said:
Even up here it's just barely freezing at night (and some nights it doesn't) for the last few weeks. I have a hunch we'll be paying for this at some point this winter.

Yep- when it changes its going to be a shock... :shock:

Rained again early this morning- and more predicted showers for later this afternoon...Temp is 45 at noon now- and predicted to hit 50.. Some places in the Missouri Breaks hit 60 yesterday and probably will again today...

Its almost impossible to get around the yard- as where there is ice left, now with the water on it, its so slick I can barely stand with my ice cleats on...I've only been rolling out about 1/2 feed- but may have to cut that back as when I rolled out hay this morning I watched one old mare come in from grazing- and lay down on the windrow... :roll:

I am LOVING the slow melting snow......yeap I got MUD and lots of it. I almost cant tell Holly has stockings LOL
I am now hopeful I will have grass in the pasture come spring and there will be hay late spring early summer. I am still praying for a bit more snow but I am THANKFUL for what we have.

Mid 50's most of last week and for the next couple days...along with 60 mph winds. Poor cows had to chase their food around this morning...

Latest posts