• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ram DEF PITA

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Not sure when they added the Aisan transmission. They might have been available in the 2013's. Here is where an article was in
the Turbo Diesel Register. TDR issue 84. Page 44-55 and an article "all about auto transmissions." I think you can buy just one edition.
It's a pretty interesting magazine if you aren't familiar with it. Very different from the magazines available on newsstands.

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/

I bought it new when they had the friends and family sale in 05, a Chevy with a duramax/allison it has 225,000 miles on it now. Replaced the water pump, one front hub, 2 glow plugs, the glow plug control and the batteries twice, that's it. What i still have not had to replace are the brakes, still on the original pads and they are over half a pad left all the way around, I bought them and went to do the brake job figuring it should be close, not even. It has no DEF. The buttons on the radio are wearing out, you can't turn the radio off any more (just turn it down) the driver seat is cracking on the side. I went all out on the leather seats with butt warmers (best thing since sliced bread) good for an achy back at the end of the day.
I pull A stock trailer, camp trailer, boat, and occasionally haul hay, skidsteer or miny X with a flat bed trailer, drive it for work all over the lower part of the state.
It drives like a truck but not like a buckboard, I'll keep it till it wears out.
I won't get into the Ford, Chevy, Dodge mess, because they all have their plusses and minuses, I will say Ford needs to get things figured out on their heavy duties (The Diesel) we ran nothing but 450s and 550s in our fleet at work for years, the last 5 trucks to come in have been Dodges, to many trips to the shop for the Fords.

So today I discovered that my '16 GMC 2500 has a passenger compartment air filter. Take out 4 little torx screws that holds the glove box in and there it is. At ~20,000 miles that sucker was DIRTY! I thought it wasn't getting as much air flow to the defroster and heater as it should. :lol:

I'm sure it's just a rebadged POS :wink: , but haven't needed to take it back to the dealer for anything yet. Kind of like it so far.

Traveler said:
So today I discovered that my '16 GMC 2500 has a passenger compartment air filter. Take out 4 little torx screws that holds the glove box in and there it is. At ~20,000 miles that sucker was DIRTY! I thought it wasn't getting as much air flow to the defroster and heater as it should. :lol:

I'm sure it's just a rebadged POS :wink: , but haven't needed to take it back to the dealer for anything yet. Kind of like it so far.
got a 2002 , 360,000 miles , change the cab filters twice a year.....

jodywy said:
Traveler said:

got a 2002 , 360,000 miles , change the cab filters twice a year.....
I didn't know GM had started using them again. We have an 06 Silverado 2500 that has a sprayer in the back, that we keep around for fighting fire, pretty sure it didn't come with one. I checked the Wix filter sight, they had a part number for the 02, but not an 06.

http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/PartDetails.aspx?Part=198159

360,000 miles is pretty good service, IMO.

Latest posts