• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ranch Journal

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I have either kept the red booK or Elanco book for as long as i can remember. All calving records and date are put in . When the bulls go in to work and when they come out. Also any appointment i need to keep. When to order feed. and when to order fuel. Even the CPA wants them when we go to tax time. I would be lost without mine. When i am selling bulls or hiefers i have their weights and dates of birth.

My step mother has one that her grandparents kept right after the War of Northern Aggression. I was amazing to read what they had written about a sick mule, attempts to doctor the mule, and later having a healer out to work on it. It died, as I recall.
That would have been about 1875-80 in north central Louisiana. Although it wasn't recorded, I imagine the loss of a mule would have been quite a hardship.

I like lookin through old calving records and seein my Dad's comments about how a cow was snuffy year after year, then the one year my Mom calved them out her comments were in big bold letters with red ink..."CULL THIS CRAZY B!%*H" :lol:

Latest posts