• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ranch Rodeo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cody-n-Nancy

Reaction score
Ever been to one or participated in one? Working Ranch Cowboy's Association puts them on. Wife and I went to one in Colorado Springs, when we lived here in Colorado before. Very, very interesting. Definitely looks rougher than a PRCA rodeo, especially the Wild Horse Race.

I have been to many and participated in a few. When I grew up in Colorado the local rodeo was all working ranch people. I did steer riding one year but never again. My family in Texas used to have a ranch rodeo for family and friends every year and it was all working ranch people. I think we discussed before on another forum about my Arizona ranch family and being part of the first rodeo in Prescott. Here is a photo from an Arizona working hands rodeo circa 1920 that my great uncles and aunts sponsored.

CHS rodeo.jpg

Couple of young fellas and good hands that worked for us were (and still are) active in Ranch Rodeos. They made it to Amarillo Texas to the finals one year. It's good to watch when the contestants are good hands. We saw a Ranch Rodeo at the Black Hills Stock Show in Rapid City that made you sick. There were some that should NOT have made it in as contestents period. It was disgraceful. Maybe they are screened now, I don't know. We never cared to watch another after that fiasco.

Latest posts