• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ranchin with wolves

Help Support Ranchers.net:

lefty said:
wolf packs get killed out here every year , so every year we start over with pairs & sometime family groups of 5 to 7 head . This country is solid cattle so wolves always get in trouble with the law , & get removed to heaven . Wolves here like calves the best . Very few coyotes left here , the wolves hunt them & run them out .

Where is here in Minnesota? As I live here. Last I knew wolves are protected which to me does'nt matter but in the wild I've seen less than 10 wolves pretty tough to kill out a pack when you don't see them for all the damn tree's.I also know a guy who had donkeys wolves ate themhad to get more.

Caught in a wolfmaster power snare. At Carrot River Sk. where "there are no cougars".
Wade had to give it up to the DNR. I might have tried to keep it quiet and bought an Alberta tag and made a LOOOONG range shot.

I love my 300. Kinda like at&t reach out and touch something!!! Use a 243 also if that makes ya feel better? Just shot that 300 more so when shooting off hand at night I choose it.

Yeah I know what they say about guys that use big guns they make BIG HOLES!

It started as a ranching tip & turned into a gun fight . I use a 22.
I know vb has a big gun or 2 .

Anyway , Wolves HERE in MN . Are definitive hoasts of Neospora Caninum . They blood test positive for this up two 75% level .If a pack of wolves comes to your ranch while they are shedding these oocysists you will remember it forever . So try to keep them away if you can .

Latest posts