• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ranching in Kazakhstan

Help Support Ranchers.net:

It seems to me a little experimentation with seeded winter annuals like fall rye or triticale may be in order to provide some nutrition in the fall after the first frost. I like the dea of seeding peas into the barley silage. You get them to try triticale or oat silage on a small scale since the cost to do so is low.
Have to tried to get something going with Olds college eventually to teach the needed VOC AG skills needed? They may also be able to give then the know how to process the cattle they want to eat.
Is Wilson consulting primarily a AG consulting firm or is AG a side line to other services they offer in central Asia?

Galloway2 said:
andybob are you saying range cows should be productive on grass in summer and dry hay only in winter? No grain, no silage, no energy supplementation? Unheard of... :D

Galloway2 for most of my life I didn't know there was any other way, shocking how backward we Africans are isn't it? If it isn't Alan Savory or Johann Zietsmann preaching holistic management and adapted genetics, it is some other Rhodie/Zimbo preaching some low input system.

Latest posts