At this point in time, Peach Blossom and I are signed up to go. We are planning to be at the Pfizer supper tomorrow evening, and hope to at least take in Tuesday's events. If the weather goes completely kapoot, we'll probably come home Wednesday.
I'll be wearing a black hat, Wranglers and western boots. :wink:
My son Dan is coming to the RBCS also. What time is the Pfizer supper tonight? And where?
I can't come, as I have ET work on Tues. and Wed., and Trich testing bulls Thurs., so he'll have to absorb the info for both of us.
ET Doc :???:
The weather went kapoot quicker than I thought. We had a raging four-hour blizzard come through in the late morning yesterday. This set back our getting ready to go to Rapid City, and with other confugalties later on we decided against going at all. Last night, the temperature got down to 15 below, and there is a weather advisory for today with a predicted one to three inches of additional snow and ten to twenty mph winds. With the temperature barely getting above zero for all of today, it just seems prudent to stay home.
It is a two-sided situation of whether to go to the beef cow symposium and get all smartened up on how to ranch, or to stay home and take care of the cattle we have. I think the cattle prefer us staying home to attend to their immediate needs.
You made the very same decision we did, Soapweed. We were just headed to different places is all.
Hard to enjoy yourself when you are concerned about things at home.
I'd say you made a good choice.
Interesting that our daughter and son-in-law were going to go with us. They have a horse operation in Wyoming and they too, decided to stay home. They have a new house and she called yesterday and said the furnace went out twice and one of the outside hydrants froze up. So it was a good thing they didn't go.
Here, the neighbor that was going to feed for us got hurt and we wound up feeding his cows intstead.