• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

re-conditioners

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
hayguy said:
George said:
I have an old New Idea 5 wheel rake and if I flip up the front and back wheels leaving just 3 on the ground it will flip and fluff windrows pretty well.

This is very helpfull if I have used the double rake and made big winrows that get washed afterward. If you leave all 5 wheel on the ground it will rope and plug constantly and tries to move the winrow to far anyway.

in my quest to make the best hay possible i have tried a NH inverter, a pequa tedder/fluffer, a kirchner swath fluffer,and most recently a re-conditioner all with varying results. it seem's we always return to our old 6 wheel pollard rake, i take the front 2 and back1 wheel of to just flip or invert a windrow, and it only cost 500$ twenty years ago :!: i am going to build or strip down an old round baler into a fluffer though as there are times i don't want the underside of the windrow exposed to more sun bleaching.

thank-you to all for your in-put :D :D :)

I used as NH square baler and took the twine box off and opened up the back. I would have to go to side hill and look and take a couple of pictures for you but it worked pretty good. I am still fighting wind damaged windrows. IT all need to be raked but some places 2 or 3 windrows worth of hay are piled together. Makes it tough on the V rake. :?

Do you still have that danged Sovema v-rake?

Its pretty tuff to work blown around hay when it gets mixed up like that. Grass hay can be the worst get tangled together then its like one big rope. Our Heston 4755 really hated windrows like that.

Silver said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
hayguy said:
in my quest to make the best hay possible i have tried a NH inverter, a pequa tedder/fluffer, a kirchner swath fluffer,and most recently a re-conditioner all with varying results. it seem's we always return to our old 6 wheel pollard rake, i take the front 2 and back1 wheel of to just flip or invert a windrow, and it only cost 500$ twenty years ago :!: i am going to build or strip down an old round baler into a fluffer though as there are times i don't want the underside of the windrow exposed to more sun bleaching.

thank-you to all for your in-put :D :D :)

I used as NH square baler and took the twine box off and opened up the back. I would have to go to side hill and look and take a couple of pictures for you but it worked pretty good. I am still fighting wind damaged windrows. IT all need to be raked but some places 2 or 3 windrows worth of hay are piled together. Makes it tough on the V rake. :?

Do you still have that danged Sovema v-rake?

:nod: :cry2: :cry: :cowboy:

You guys that use old round balers----does it just kinda fluff it up, or do you got it rigged so it sets it to the side and if so---how do you do it? thanks.

littlejoe said:
You guys that use old round balers----does it just kinda fluff it up, or do you got it rigged so it sets it to the side and if so---how do you do it? thanks.

The one we used just put it right back down where it was, it just fluffed it up.

Latest posts