• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Real Jake- Is that rain I see?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Guest
I was just looking at the radar and it looked like their was actually green going over your's and ranchers area--everything is staying south of the Missouri today up here- we really don't need anymore for a few days......
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Oldtimer said:
I was just looking at the radar and it looked like their was actually green going over your's and ranchers area--everything is staying south of the Missouri today up here- we really don't need anymore for a few days......

Say OT aint it about time to quit farming,start thinking about drinking some refreshments and doing a little hunting? I got a couple fields almost ready for winter oats then Im parking these damn tractors,been a long dry year whats your low temps up there now? PS IM ready to see geese flying south.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
We just got a primer oldtimer. Probably 2 tenths so far, but more chances overnight.

We were out fooling around with our team on a joyride, and the lightning got a little close just as we got home. Quite a light show we had. Enough rain to quell the fires the lighning would have no doubt started. One neighbor saw it hit a post on a fence we share. It rained out before he could get to it.

Haymaker, it is 50 degrees here now after the rain, but I have seen snakes out on Thanksgiving day, grasshoppers in Feb., or way below zero in April. What a country of extremes we live in.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Haymaker- I'm ready to quit farming every day- but it pays the bills...This evening I walked down into the hayfield point to get the 4 wheeler I'd left there during the rain- saw a couple fair bucks and the one that has antlers going up on one side and down under his chin on the other- got me to thinking about season starting.....

Its been just perfect sleeping weather- mostly down in the mid 40's last few nights- altho up north we did have a hard frost a week ago Sunday--Ice thick enough on the windshield that the wipers wouldn't take it off...
But we need another one that covers the whole area and kills off some of these flys- they know winter is coming and have really been wicked lately-sure bugging the horses.....
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Oldtimer said:
Haymaker- I'm ready to quit farming every day- but it pays the bills...This evening I walked down into the hayfield point to get the 4 wheeler I'd left there during the rain- saw a couple fair bucks and the one that has antlers going up on one side and down under his chin on the other- got me to thinking about season starting.....

Its been just perfect sleeping weather- mostly down in the mid 40's last few nights- altho up north we did have a hard frost a week ago Sunday--Ice thick enough on the windshield that the wipers wouldn't take it off...
But we need another one that covers the whole area and kills off some of these flys- they know winter is coming and have really been wicked lately-sure bugging the horses.....

That cool weather sure sounds good,I got a screened in back porch ,and when the weather turns cool I will move out there,till it gets to cold,Reminds me of when I was a youngster all of us brats grew up on a screened in back porch,and all we had for cover was what we called army blankets,I remember it was a big deal when the old screen porch finally got glassed in,those storms that blew in just were'nt the same.................good luck,OT gotta head upstairs
 

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
11,308
Reaction score
0
Location
South East Texas
Brings back memories of Grandma's Front Porch. It wasn't screened in, but it went all the way across the front of her house. In summer months all of us grandkids would grab quilts and pillers n head out onto the porch to sleep. The "best spot" was the porch swing.
In the winter time it was just pallets on the floor. There were 38 grandkids so it was perty much one great big pallet. Was a guarantee someone was gonna git stepped on durin the night.
Grandma would always get up durin the night and come check on each of us, make sure we were all covered up, so we didnt get cold.
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
the real jake said:
We just got a primer oldtimer. Probably 2 tenths so far, but more chances overnight.

We were out fooling around with our team on a joyride, and the lightning got a little close just as we got home. Quite a light show we had. Enough rain to quell the fires the lighning would have no doubt started. One neighbor saw it hit a post on a fence we share. It rained out before he could get to it.

Haymaker, it is 50 degrees here now after the rain, but I have seen snakes out on Thanksgiving day, grasshoppers in Feb., or way below zero in April. What a country of extremes we live in.

Same thing around here Jake,been many a hunting seasons hunters will be sitting in a deer blind fighting off the wasps,temp will be in the nineties ,next day the high will be in the twenties.............good luck Jake
 

Liberty Belle

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
4
Location
northwestern South Dakota
Hey jake - what does your rain gauge say now? Ours registered .83" total for yesterday!! It sure doesn't look like that much moisture - no puddles even. The ground is just like a dry sponge.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
We had about a half inch here, and that was generally about average around the neighborhood. Glad to get it, and hoping for more.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
BMR-

We have a neighbor that always says that when talking rain amounts, that "the first liar doesn't stand a chance". Not me, I never under or over state my amount. I wouldn't fool myself if I did lie a bit. :D

If we hadn't got so hot during parts of the summer our rain might have gone a little further. Oh well, there's next year.
 

Latest posts

Top