• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Recent happenings on the Soapweed Ranch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
WillandDesontheirweddingday10-18-08.jpg

Our son and his beautiful bride, 10-18-08
Twoofmykidsjustbackfromahorsebackri.jpg

Two of my kids just back from a Sunday morning horseback ride. Our daughter has just recently resumed communication with her family, after an absence of nearly four years. Our prayers have been answered, and we are absolutely delighted. Life is good. :)
KKandhissister.jpg

Kosmo Kid and his sister
Agoodcowgirlwhodoesdaywork.jpg

A good cowgirl who does day work in the area
Fallcolors.jpg

Fall colors
Competentcowgirlcrew.jpg

Competent cowgirl crew
Pairofpistoleros.jpg

Pair of pistoleros
Preconditioningheifercalves.jpg

Preconditioning heifer calves
Dinnertimeforcowpokesandtheirsteeds.jpg

Dinner time for cowpokes and their steeds
Thebridlerack.jpg

The bridle rack
Mydadandmydaughter.jpg

My dad and my daughter
Goodbunchofyoungfolks.jpg

Good bunch of young folks
KosmoKowboyKid.jpg

Kosmo Kowboy Kid
Gettingopencowsreadytotaketothesale.jpg

Getting open cows ready to take to the sale
Cowpoke.jpg

Cowpoke
Combinationofyouthfulvigorandvastex.jpg

Combination of youthful vigor and vast experience
Rangerriders.jpg

Ranger riders
Ourlocalbrandboardandthelady.jpg

Our local brand board and the lady who has just recently refurbished and repainted the brands. My dad instigated this brand board back in 1964 as a fund-raising project for the Methodist Church. At the time, for $20 you could have your brand placed upon a plank. The work was all done with hammers and wood chisels. It has stood the test of time quite well.
Trailingcattle.jpg

Trailing cattle
Overlookingthemeadow.jpg

Overlooking the meadow
Thedustkindofhangsintheair.jpg

The dust kind of hangs in the air.
Reflectingonthedaysactivities.jpg

Reflecting on the days activities

As always, Many thanks! Congrats on the hitchin' and the happy return of your little girl. Bet ya know how God feels when each of us return home again! :D

Thanks SO much for the pictures Soapweed. Makes me wish I was back there on my uncle's ranch every time. By the way, do you know a Mike Connel? His current brand is C - C, but his old one is _MC_, or MC over a bar.

Soap- Peach-- thats fantastic news about your daughter...She's a very beautiful girl- and I hope things keep working out...I know you guys didn't and I didn't give up hope for her or you....

Now you got me teary I eyed but they're happy tears.. :cry: :D :cry: :D

What a blessing to have all your kids home together! A dandy set of young folks. Praying that all the transitions go well for you and your family. Great to hear and see from you again....it's been awhile. Great pictures!

Hi Soapweeds,
Not knowing the start of the story with your daughter I can say that it did have a good ending to the chapter. May your family make a long happy book. :D

Glad to have you back on board after your absence.

Oh, by the way, great pictures as always. :D

So glad to hear about your daughter, Soapweed! She came to mind many times since you told us her story and when she did, I would always ask for a good outcome for her.

Thanks, everyone, it is great having our little girl back. She hasn't changed a bit and is still the delightful charming young lady that she was before. With daily reading of the Bible, she was able to see the error in her ways. Her departure has touched a lot of lives and sent up a lot of prayers for her return. It is inspiring to see the "welcome home" that she is receiving. The local sale barn even welcomed her back home on the weekly sale report. We are eternally grateful that God has helped her find her way back to the Sandhills. :)

[/b]It is so wonderful to see all the smiling faces in your family...Wedding's always seem to bring out the best in people...and so glad your daughter has come back into your lives...truley a blessing for you all...oh by the way..yur critters look great too...as always...lol

Ohhhh Soapweed....what a great surprise you gave us all.Hard writing with these tears flowing,I'm SOOOOO happy your daughters home!!!!

Congrates to the beautiful young couple,it looks to me like all was perfect.... :)

Bout time you told the world about your homecoming. I was busting a gut after i heard the news. :D

Glad your back on line, We were going thru picture withdrawl.

So happy for your family. :D :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
Bout time you told the world about your homecoming. I was busting a gut after i heard the news. :D

Glad your back on line, We were going thru picture withdrawl.

So happy for your family. :D :D

There are two computers in this house and they were both down. Quite frustrating. :roll: :? If we had been without for another week, we could probably have kicked the habit completely. :wink: :)

After our visit on the phone the other night, I opened my ol leather bound the next AM, and read Proverbs 25:25. Just seemed to fit. We are delighted.....still!!!!!!!!! God is good--what else can ya say.Sure is a nice post, amigo. I like leanen H's observation.

Soap Congrats on The daughter coming home,and the new daughter in law,it's like a early christmas on your outfit.The future of you ranch is really looking good.Glad to see so many young ranchers coming up.God bless you and yours!

Great news for your family! I can't imagine what you've been through the past four years, but am so happy that your daughter has returned. Also, congrats on getting a new daughter-in-law. Exciting times for the Soapweed ranch :D .

Sounds like good news all around.The day working gal must be filling in for Saddletramp as he has'nt been in your photo's lately.Our daughter moved home this summer but she's got such a foul mouth and rude behavior since she moved in I wish she would leave.

Soap, that's great news, all the way around..........................

to quote someone else on Ranchers.........Happy Dance time :lol: :lol:

Latest posts