• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Red Angus Bull at our place

Help Support Ranchers.net:

El,

Here's a pic of Nathan. He turned 2 this fall. We used him on the heifers then put him in with the 2 & 3 yr olds.

Nathan.jpg

Turkey Track Bar said:
This is a coming two year old Red Angus bull we raised. This guy has been in the same easy keeping condition from day one as you see in this picture, which was taken the day we pulled him from breeding 30 heifers. We are pretty excited to see his calves come March!!! And maybe even more excited to see how both his bull and heifer calves
do on test, and in the real world as bulls in commercial operations and replacement heifers at our place.

1422.jpg

Cheers---

TTB :wink:
TTB - This is a TOP ECHELON bull - particularly since he just retired. This is the kind and type that will make you money and ENJOYMENT in your BUSINESS!

DOC HARRIS

Thanks everyone for the complements. As I earlier indicated, we are excited about him, and his fresh pedigree. We'll start getting calves out of him in March, and in a year we will be able to tell a little more about how he does. However the real proof will be in his heifers...so as with so much in the beef industry we won't really know how he turns out for at least three years--but that is part of the fun and challenge in breeding cattle.

In my opinion, if his daughters don't make good cows (meaning good disposition, good udders, good feet, and are easy keeping, but also have some growth) and if our commercial producers aren't happy with how his progeny work for them, he will need to find an occupation at someone else's outfit.

Cheers---

TTB,

That IS a nice bull, like his numbers, even the negative on the ribeye is pretty small, must be pretty insignificant.

See you in Denver in Feb! :nod: :nod: :D

Hanta Yo said:
TTB,

That IS a nice bull, like his numbers, even the negative on the ribeye is pretty small, must be pretty insignificant.

See you in Denver in Feb! :nod: :nod: :D

Hi Hanta Yo:

Yep, looking forward to seeing you in Denver too. I hope I get over my Stockshow Crud first though!!! At least I'm not as sick as Mr. TTB...

Although the bulls ribeye is negative, it is average in the Red Angus breed. This all leads me to a pet peave I have about sale catalogs...they should all have the breed average EPD's...because they do change, for most breeds twice a year, and none of the breeds have the same averages!!!

We're getting a beautiful snow this morning...what a great start to the day!!!

Go Broncos!!!

Cheers-

I have seen this bull and he is as good or better than that photo shows. He really has a nice hip and alot of length to him with a bunch of style.

You guys got the crud in Denver again this year too. It seems like everyone comes home with it. I went there with it so I can't blame the stockshow this year. It was nice to see you guys again, I wish I would have had a little time to visit some, but Monday morning was crazy with the sale. Congrats on your commercial heifers by the way.

BRG said:
I have seen this bull and he is as good or better than that photo shows. He really has a nice hip and alot of length to him with a bunch of style.

You guys got the crud in Denver again this year too. It seems like everyone comes home with it. I went there with it so I can't blame the stockshow this year. It was nice to see you guys again, I wish I would have had a little time to visit some, but Monday morning was crazy with the sale. Congrats on your commercial heifers by the way.

BRG:

Thanks for the complements...we really appreciate them. The big heifer sale news beat us to Denver. Everyone was asking. We're are actually more excited for our (both your and our) customers than anything. Funny how breeding red on red is suposed to make you a hobby rancher...that statement keeps coming up with the heifers.

Yes, sorry we didn't get to spend more time with you and Mrs. BRG :(

And, thanks for worrying about us getting home. I wish we could have stayed for the whole sale...but Mr TTB was chomping at the bit to get home and we were worried about the Char breeder and his daughter getting home ok..so caravaned home with them.

Cheers (you better cheer for the Broncos tomorrow!)

And, thanks for worrying about us getting home. I wish we could have stayed for the whole sale...but Mr TTB was chomping at the bit to get home and we were worried about the Char breeder and his daughter getting home ok..so caravaned home with them.

Did Brent and Abbey go?

Mike said:

Did Brent and Abbey go?

Yep...Brent's sires had a pretty successful day in the heifer show on the hill--we didn't stay for the bull show. I think someone said 6 of the 8 heifers in the final drive were sired by LT bulls.

How goes it in AL??? Will you be up this spring for the LT sale? If so, we look forward to meeting you.

Broncos cheers---

Turkey Track Bar said:
Mike said:

Did Brent and Abbey go?

Yep...Brent's sires had a pretty successful day in the heifer show on the hill--we didn't stay for the bull show. I think someone said 6 of the 8 heifers in the final drive were sired by LT bulls.

How goes it in AL??? Will you be up this spring for the LT sale? If so, we look forward to meeting you.

Broncos cheers---

Everything's great! Been busy breeding. Glad to hear Brent did well.
I don't know if I'll be up or not for the sale. It's a loooooong way!!!!!! :wink:

Latest posts