• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Red , Blue States

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Was listening to the Sunday morning political talk show while getting ready to go feed. I think they still miss the point, if you look at the red States; they have one thing in common. They probably have a higher percent of their residents that are real property owners. The only blue county in my State has only 4% deeded land and 1/2 of that is owned by 7 ranches.Oh its the county where the VP has a house .

actually, most of the "red states" aren't really red anymore than the blue states are blue.

Has everyone seen this? It's an interesting pictogram of the whole red/blue thing
http://www.princeton.edu/~rvdb/JAVA/election2004/

(several pictures, so give it a chance to load.)

jodywy said:
Was listening to the Sunday morning political talk show while getting ready to go feed. I think they still miss the point, if you look at the red States; they have one thing in common. They probably have a higher percent of their residents that are real property owners. The only blue county in my State has only 4% deeded land and 1/2 of that is owned by 7 ranches.Oh its the county where the VP has a house .

I think you miss the point. I can't belive you don't know better. The fact that you own land (inherited or earned) doesn't give you any more votes than the guy living in a furnished apartment, and it shouldn't.

jodywy said:
those maps show just what I said. The one with votes per mile, blue is apartment dwellers, red is more open farm and ranch(private Property) areas.

I don't think you're reading the maps right. That's not what I'm seeing at all. Many rural areas are red, but there are a number of them that are blue, too...
(look at the third one down).

I think the only people who want to believe in the whole blue/red thing are those who seek to divide and over simplify.

I think you miss the point. I can't belive you don't know better. The fact that you own land (inherited or earned) doesn't give you any more votes than the guy living in a furnished apartment, and it shouldn't.
I didn't say that I said that the large private property areas were red while the apartment areas where blue.
don't think you're reading the maps right. That's not what I'm seeing at all. Many rural areas are red, but there are a number of them that are blue, too...
(look at the third one down).
some of those countys or area are reservations too, and others heavey develoment.

I have found that doubting Rush only keeps me awake all night anticipating his next show, so we can get back on the same page again.

Latest posts