• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Red Heifer Pic

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I'd like to see Red Robin wait a few calves before flushing that heifer. Let her get proven at least.

DOC HARRIS said:
Red Robin said:
Shelly said:
Are you raising Red Angus? Pretty heavy for an Angus, he and the heifer look more like Red Simmental. If they are Angus, he sure is an easy-keeper! And he looks good!
They are Red Angus Shelly. Yes, they both keep easy but the bull was shown so he was fed quite a bit. He didn't fall off too bad though out on cows. He is at Genex in Strafford Mo. collecting export semen . I called to get his in weight after I dropped him off but he was too wide to get on their scales. That was after being out on cows and being in his pen for a month with nothing but grass and hay.
What is his BW EPD?

DOC HARRIS
His BW epd is 1.1 DOC.

Angus Breeder said:
Yes I am and am going to have the heifer I pictured there. If you make it look in the Angus barn for a stall with three head and a red ranch sign.
If you have any extra time while you are in Springfield, go by Genex . They are supposed to have a majority of their best black bulls housed there currently. Take a look at my red bull while you're there. I havn't seen the blacks but I bet my red bull at least holds his own.

Northern Rancher said:
The Ooogiema's in the company are supposed to be taking some of us semen serfs down there this fall-I'll make sure and check him out.
:D If they are taking you down to show you bulls you must not be too surf like . You buying the plane ticket?
The bull will be there through the 10th in quarantine. Collection starts after that. When are you going down?

Red Robin said:
Anyone like Reds?
MikeFountain003.jpg
Here's what she looks like now. I had my phone with me yesterday and snapped a sorry photo.

3mheifermature.jpg

AX- said:
Nice heifer, Red Robin. Lots of muscle in her.
Thanks AX. She's never done anything very fancy so far. We'll see. Some good cows , never reproduce thereselves (I guess they weren't as good as we thought they were) and some it takes a little maturity to express their potential. She milks decent and has a nice udder but has a little more tilt that I prefer. Teat size is good and udder support is good. Feet are good and all 4 legs are nicely placed. She's roomy and has plenty of meat in her. She's about a 5 frame or a little bigger and she weighs 1200 to 1300 or so I'd guess. Time will tell .

lazy ace said:
Can we expect the same kind of females this spring? :wink:
No you can't . Since we're friends I am sure you can expect the biggest wreck you've ever had in your life. :lol: I got your catalog yesterday. Cattle look good. Pretty uniform bunch it appears. You should have a good sale.

Red Robin said:
lazy ace said:
Can we expect the same kind of females this spring? :wink:
No you can't . Since we're friends I am sure you can expect the biggest wreck you've ever had in your life. :lol: I got your catalog yesterday. Cattle look good. Pretty uniform bunch it appears. You should have a good sale.

I'm not to worried I am sure the calves will look great, if not we can just force feed them okra until they do. :lol: :wink: Thanks for the compliment on the catalog. Say hello to the family

have a cold one

lazy ace

Latest posts